Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
LOTUS EVORA GT SALES IN USA HIT NEW HIGH......... - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

LOTUS EVORA GT SALES IN USA HIT NEW HIGH.........

rudolphwolven

• 5 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Evora is a cult car and will hold its value reasonably well, if not appreciate a little bit. Evoras is a rarer car than the Emira (at least based on the rumour on number of orders)

There are a number of factors that'll drive this. How many Emiras are sold, how long the Emiras will be made, how good or bad emira is to drive and live with. 

• Like 2

Thanks. Based upon what I've seen, the Emira may not be any faster. Is that a safe assumption? I've been contemplating a 2017-2018 MX5 with Edelbrock supercharger but it appears that the transmission is a weak point. The Evora or Emira will be quite a bit more costly but I can wait awhile to see how the comparative cost of these cars changes over time. Obviously, any Lotus is much less common. The downside is that the closest dealership to San Diego is 1.5+ hours away. I'd have to hope that either Lotus is reliable. I wouldn't want to have the car towed that far.

• Gold FFM

The Emira will be reliable, the Evora is and it's largely the same but built by more modern processes. You always get some teething problems with cars, but you don't really find truly unreliable cars anymore.

It's likely the launch Emira will be a little slower than the top Evora's, but... Who cares? It won't be by much and I'm sure a hot version will be along to be quicker.

As for prices, the Evora has back seats and a very different look + less tech which very well might attract a different buyer. There are also not many of them which should keep prices firm.

The Emira will have lane keeping and auto braking and everything else you need these days, some people just don't want that. Hopefully it will avoid the speed limiter requirement. I think it has 'launched' in time to avoid it.

Thanks. Very little is said about the auto transmission. All I know is that it is not fast-shifting like a PDK, so most buyers prefer the manual which gets slightly better fuel mileage. Since my MX5 is a PRHT, I may keep it and add the Evora GT or Emira. I have to have a drop top vehicle in my garage.

I was in the process of building a MX5 when I purchased my GT.  I was going the built 2.5L motor then adding a turbo from Dynotronics, coil overs etc…..  However the more I thought about it, the more I wanted a Lotus and new I would loose most of the money I put into the Miata.   So I sold the partially dismantled club NC and went with a new GT.  I got a great price I feel on my GT, paid around $10k more then what 2018 400’s were going for.  I still smile every time I see a MX5 on the road, but man is the car fun!  The sounds it makes and the way it feels is hard to beat….. 

I do not feel the evora’s will drop in value, if they do once the Emira is released it will be short term.  There are some of us who do not want all the electronic stuff which I think will keep the values up.  I also purchased my car to drive… yes it’s put away now that salt is on the roads, only drove it for 8,000 miles this year… 

• Like 1

Is yours a manual transmission? 
I bought my 2008 PRHT MX5 in 2012 for $10,000. It has a salvage title but already had some upgrades like HID lights, LED fogs, Mazdaspeed CAI intake, and an exhaust re-routing. I added springs, Koni adjustable shocks, beefier anti-sway bars, and a Magnaflow muffler. At that time I still had a 2001 Corvette coupe. I soon sold it and have wanted a faster car ever since. I'd much rather have the Evora or Emira than a new Corvette, since their reliability has been horrible, even with the C8s.
So I am attracted to Lotus for four reasons - reliability, acceleration, handling, and exclusivity. I just wish the dealership were closer. I guess we can't have everything.😏

My GT is a manual

i would say for me my lotus meets 3 of your 4 reasons.  Reliable, handling and exclusive.  It’s not slow however compared to cars like the c8, it’s quite a bit slower which is my only complaint with the car, needs another 50-100 HP!  

last cars and coffee I went to, there were over a dozen C8’s.  I am sure this years C&C 20-30 will be the norm

if I was getting a Emira and wanted a auto, the AMG I4 would be hard to pass up.  I would think that setup would be excellent for adding lots more power. 

When I was renting the McLaren 570S in 2019, all Corvettes were slow. Every year Car & Driver conducts their now famous "Lightning Lap" runs at VIR (Virginia National Raceway). The current record holder is the McLaren Senna. In third place is the McLaren 756LT. The Senna costs $1 million and the 765LT is less than half that but really, how many of us track our cars? I would guess that the majority does not and a regular basis.

As long as my next car is as fast or faster than a 2021 Toyota Supra, that's acceptable. The Lotus Evora and hopefully, Emira should meet that qualification.
And having two cars with manual transmissions or one manual and one automatic is fine with me.

Regarding the MG engine and transmission, My bet is that a Toyota drivetrain will have far fewer problems over the next 10 years. I tend to keep my cars for more than that. 👍

• Like 1