Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
X180 Headlight water drainage - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

X180 Headlight water drainage

Go to solution Solved by Sparky,

Here comes August's stupid question. Took my X180 for a spin and at some point flashed someone to say thank you for giving way - and got a bucket of water effect on the windscreen. Once home, found the offside light well full of water so examined the forum and read the explanation of getting the headlight well hole unclogged with a long pipe cleaner. With the lights on, with the help of a torch, managed to find the drain hole and after some wiggle action managed to drain the offending H2O. Light well now empty. However, I have spotted a loose screw sitting in the well - which I assume is off the back of the light - which is working fine - MOT was in June. My stupid question is: Am I correct that if I unscrew the headlamp pod link rod (pictured from forum image) I can manually lift light to retrieve screw and investigate where it is from? Also, once I have undone pod link rod - then reattached it - do lights then need to be professionally re-aligned? Sorry to one and all for my stupid questions.

ClearingBlockedPods_10.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
  • Solution

Correct!  And provided there are no other issues, no adjustment will be required on refit.  Just be careful of the paint when you lift, as they will pivot into the bonnet.

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

9 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Correct!  And provided there are no other issues, no adjustment will be required on refit.  Just be careful of the paint when you lift, as they will pivot into the bonnet.

Thanks for that - and yes - had read to CLOSE the bonnet before lifting light... THANK YOU!

• Like 1