Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Wiper arm Excel , alternative? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Wiper arm Excel , alternative?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I looked into this a while ago as my wiper had been slipping for some time. Finally it let go about 30 miles from home in a downpour...

I couldn't find an arm with the same length and the correct shape, most have an angled section at the end that the Excel doesn't need. I ended up using the bottom section with the spindle fitting from a Range Rover wiper arm (as I have plenty of those) and fitted it to the Excel arm with an M5 bolt. The spring could be reused and seems to be working fine. The bolt is not the most elegant solution though.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Thanks Andy and Filip!

Yes, that should work. Meanwhile I found out, that the (10mm) spindle from the 240 Volvos fits. M5 bolt could be used to connect it with the Lotus arm.

Better would be a solution with a complet arm of another car, so to use standart wiper blades. Some months ago, I cannot remember where(?), I read something about the alternativ of an arm from Peugeot 406 (??).

Thanks !  Gerhard

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It s done!

On ebay I found an wiper arm with the correct shape (straight), as used for working machines or tractors. Its length is over 6cm adjustable and a standart wipe blade fits. Unfortunaly the 10mm bottom end shows only a straight drilled hole. So I changed it for a bottom end of the 240 Volvo-model (6mm nut and bolt) which fits perfekt. Thanks!

• Like 1