Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Newbie buying a 380 sport - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Newbie buying a 380 sport

Ollie260

Hi all, I’m a total newbie to the Lotus brand and looking to pull the pin in the next few months on a Sport 380 (pending finding the right car). It’ll be a 2nd car for me alongside my RS6, summer and track use only. I did have a BMW M2 Comp but wasn’t blown away by it for track use, terrible brakes and you really felt the weight when pushing hard. 

Any recommendations for must have options or things to lookout for? 

🙏

1 hour ago, Troyboy said:

Henley-on-Thames Lotus have a nice silver 380 that has just come 8n. Lots of carbon fibre bits as well.

Thanks @Troyboy I’ve seen this online today. Going to view it this week. Not sure on the colour combo however..

1 hour ago, R300XXX said:

For track use you may want to consider a 410 for the charge cooler if budget is flexible

@R300XXX 380 is already pushing the budget. Would love a 410, next year 😁

Edited by Ollie260

i didn’t think the difference would be that much but the two cars are night and day.

380 felt far more focused and quicker (of course). 

Deposit placed against the 380 getting the paperwork sorted for a March delivery. Very excited, also slightly nervous.

@Ollie260 The 350 has a higher rev limit and has the supercharger spinning slower at all times compared to the Sport 380.  As both are non-charged cooled and running the same supercharger, you will get more heat soak in the 380.  

Peak power in the 380 comes in at 100 rpm before it cuts ignition; on the 350 you'll have 200 rpm "bandwidth" making an easier run up through the gears whilst on it on track.  (6800 vs 7200 is a lot)

Jokke Vlo on here (he has moved on) did a nice write-up on his comparison between his old V6S and then his 380 Sport.  In the end, he had the EX460 kit installed on the 380 (as he did on his V6 earlier) as the rev limit "thing" was really bothersome.

Edited by Kristof Thys

19 hours ago, Ollie260 said:

i didn’t think the difference would be that much but the two cars are night and day.

380 felt far more focused and quicker (of course). 

Deposit placed against the 380 getting the paperwork sorted for a March delivery. Very excited, also slightly nervous.

Brilliant news. You won't regret it. They really are fantastic cars. That silver car has lots of carbon goodies on it as well. Great choice.

Hi Ollie

Congrats on the 380, they’re a great car and often dismissed due to the rev limit, but in reality, when you drive one you realise it’s the perfect balance on the road, plus sound amazing of course!

I do still sell mirrors, but supply is slow. I do my best, and it’s worth waiting as the quality is lovely, but there isn’t a huge amount I can do. I’m hoping to have more in in a month or two.