Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Freescan not reading all of the car data? - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Freescan not reading all of the car data?

Hi all,

I've just connected up my old laptop with my new ALDL to FTDI cable and tried to check the IAC value.

Freescan (and Espritmon) can see the RPM, battery voltage & coolant temperature, but not the other values.

Am I doing something wrong as I last did this about 5 years ago and my memory is a bit faded.

freescn.png

1994 Lotus Esprit S4  &  2016 Tesla Model S P90D

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
55 minutes ago, fjmuurling said:

Engine running?

Yes the engine is running and Freescan is correctly reading the RPM, constantly fluttering on tickover and goes up as you raise the revs exactly as I would expect.

Edited by markw996

3 hours ago, Bibs said:

Anything useful in the manual?

I couldn't find anything relating to the issue, it seems it either works or it doesn't 😔

3 hours ago, fjmuurling said:

Which ALDL connector are you using? (behind glove box or the one in the rear relay box).

I've tried both front and rear and get the same results.

There are two connectors under the glovebox but only one worked.

16 hours ago, Bibs said:

I believe the other one under the glovebox is for the ABS.

Might be worth trying another cable.

I built this cable myself using a "FT232RL USB to TTL MiniUSB Port FTDI Serial Adapter Module" so it if its nothing obvious then I suppose it could be the drivers? I'll build another lead using a "CP2104 Serial Converter" instead which should rule out any concerns about the lead.

I'll update in a few days once I've built and tried the new lead.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

One likely cause is that the transmit from the PC to the ECU is not working. In that cause the ECU outputs the chatter that only contains the data you mention. To get more data, it needs to be provided with a mode 1 request. If that is correctly received it will output a much larger datastream that contains the other info.

• Thanks 1