Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Eletre Pictures and Video Thread - Page 7 - Eletre Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Eletre Pictures and Video Thread

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
Just now, aquiss said:

I'm going to have to play

I had this tech on a Mercedes E class, about 8 years ago...i added it the spec and never used it lol. 

Relatively simple, you open the parking camera, select the auto-park, drive slowly, when it detects a place where it can park itself, you will see that on the screen, and you can chose to auto-park from inside the car, or outside, if you chose outside, you get out of the car, open the Lotus app, More -> Intelligent drive it will connect over BT to the car and you have to press and hold the button on the phone.

Just now, Bibs said:

I'd be terrified to be honest! Surprised it doesn't use the LIDAR for that sort of operation too. 

That's why I never used it on the Mercedes lol. In the end I was like...right I'll just find a parking space where no one else is parked (ie: top floor of multistory car parks lol)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Emil Borconi said:

Relatively simple, you open the parking camera, select the auto-park, drive slowly, when it detects a place where it can park itself, you will see that on the screen, and you can chose to auto-park from inside the car, or outside, if you chose outside, you get out of the car, open the Lotus app, More -> Intelligent drive it will connect over BT to the car and you have to press and hold the button on the phone.

Here's a question..possible test. If you get back to your car and can't get into the doors, will the intelligent drive option from the app, just work to pull the car out?

7 minutes ago, aquiss said:

Here's a question..possible test. If you get back to your car and can't get into the doors, will the intelligent drive option from the app, just work to pull the car out?

As far as I've figured it out, it's only good to park itself not to get out of the parking, which is a pity as you remote park it into a tight space, then good luck getting it out.... 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Emil Borconi said:

As far as I've figured it out, it's only good to park itself not to get out of the parking, which is a pity as you remote park it into a tight space, then good luck getting it out.... 

That's what I figured. Hopefully that can be improved upon. I see no reason why not.

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

I'd be terrified to be honest! Surprised it doesn't use the LIDAR for that sort of operation too. 

For that it doesn't need to use LiDAR, it uses the ultrasonic parking sensor + camera, those sensors are pretty accurate + camera feed and some AI helps the car understands the surrounding. My garage is WAY WAY to small for this car, even on previous car I had to squeeze in, and I loved that I was able to reverse in and out using my phone (in a straight line). Sadly on this one I cannot :(, so if I don't park on the exact correct place I cannot get out of the car... bit of a faf... 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the newer world where manufacturers install future tech just in case.

I don't see the point lugging around (and paying for) extra kit that you're just not using. Whether in an EV or ICE, but especially an EV.

My wife's Qashqai had self parking 5 years ago and is it the Hyundai that moves forward from a parking space at a remote key press already?

It feels like a barmy game of Top Trumps to be honest.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/12/2023 at 22:45, Xavier Pujade-Lauraine said:

But then, which is just crazy, Lotus explains everywhere that the Lidars can go out at times "automatically" if needed, but in fact no, these huge devices and their cleaning system have absolutely no reason at all to go out to work today!

They are used in China are they not? I think the issue in Europe is regulations.

In China, they have them on both sides to support the 2 main standards, CCS and ChaoJi-1

The original demo cars that hit the UK, either had 2 charge ports - similar to the etron, though that AC on one side (and everyone was saying that a great idea as it solves problems) OR if you open the bonnet, you could see where the charge port bits could have gone. By the time the final cars go to market, we have dropped to 1 port.

Personally I think CCS on both sides would have been a clever idea, but there is cost/weight aspect to think of too.

On 25/12/2023 at 21:06, Xavier Pujade-Lauraine said:

But if the car doesn't use Lidar for parking or for 3D simulation of the exterior with Unreal Engin, what's the point of Lidar and all its motorized drawers?! Why pay for so much technology that's supposed to work one day in a completely hypothetical future?

Same reason probably Tesla have been putting their self driving computer and cameras into all their cars all these years. You need the data from those cars driving around to be able to train them how to use those systems and self drive in the first place. It probably won't benefit us much in Europe as by the time they can do anything with this, we'll probably have sold our cars and moved onto something else. But if they don't do it, they won't be able to move the game forwards at some point.

I do hope I'm wrong though, would love to see this do something. Even if it's more basic to start off with like improving parking sensors and object avoidance.

14 hours ago, FastLaneJB said:

You need the data from those cars driving around to be able to train them how to use those systems and self drive in the first place.

And have you given permission for all that data to be collected and used?

Iirc Tesla has gotten itself into some serious trouble where the cameras were automatically recording stuff when the car was switched off, catching all sorts of things going on without people knowing. From Reuters:

LONDON/SAN FRANCISCO, April 6 (Reuters) - Tesla Inc assures its millions of electric car owners that their privacy “is and will always be enormously important to us.” The cameras it builds into vehicles to assist driving, it notes on its website, are “designed from the ground up to protect your privacy.”
But between 2019 and 2022, groups of Tesla employees privately shared via an internal messaging system sometimes highly invasive videos and images recorded by customers’ car according to interviews by Reuters with nine former employees.

Some of the recordings caught Tesla customers in embarrassing situations. One ex-employee described a video of a man approaching a vehicle completely naked.

Also shared: crashes and road-rage incidents. One crash video in 2021 showed a Tesla driving at high speed in a residential area hitting a child riding a bike, according to another ex-employee. The child flew in one direction, the bike in another. The video spread around a Tesla office in San Mateo, California, via private one-on-one chats, “like wildfire,” the ex-employee said.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I believe it asks for your permission now and you can toggle data sharing off but no they didn't initially. Should be getting my car tomorrow but will see if Lotus asks a similar question, if they do you can probably guess they are using that data to help improve their cars over the long run.

I'll try to remember to keep my clothes on when in the car just incase ;)

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, FastLaneJB said:

I'll try to remember to keep my clothes on when in the car just incase ;)

And when going to the car too... ;)

• Haha 1

The small print.

• 3 weeks later...

From FB,

It’s now a part of the Dubai Police Fleet, next to their other hyper cars.

Edited by Bravo73
Replaced very long Facebook link with embedded YouTube link

or even the electre,  must reduce the confidence of the production team.