Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Agreed valuations - Lotus Insurance - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Agreed valuations

PhilW

Hi

I have a bit of a misalignment between my insurance company valuation and mine (despite me pushing it a bit).  Now need to provide evidence of why I think the value should be higher.  I am particularly interested in two adverts.  One from Harry Metcalf.  I seem to remember the white Esprit HC was advertised at £75K along with Doc Pitensteins car at a similar value.  Now Whilst I appreciate a small provenance that may affect price with Harrys I am not aware of any other factors that might influence such high prices.  Of course i dont know what both cars sold for but have got to assume that ballpark.

My car is an '81 dry sump.  Excellent condition. Original interior.  5 stud Compomotives and about 65K on the clock.  Would need to check exact.

Want to approach this in the right way and with evidence of recent valuations/sales etc.

Anyone had similar issue and advice on how to respond to insurance company?  Any links to those adverts would be appreciated for a starter.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember that insurance brokers won’t help you. I provided mine with a copy and paste Google link to a similar car for sale to ascertain an agreed valuation, They responded that they couldn’t open the link. I then asked them politely to Google it themselves by providing the dealer name, website address and the car concerned. Apparently that was also impossible for them to manage. Eventually after a lot of waiting, I contacted them again and they ended up asking me to get another independent valuation. Of course that’s much easier for them to say than for you to do. Meanwhile they have unilaterally reduced the valuation without my agreement or any corresponding reduction in premium. They’re just lazy.

You could have saved the advert of a similar car as a picture. The highlighted the areas in the description that were the same or similar to your car, and then the areas where your car was better etc 

By making it easy for them, you get what you want. They deal with thousands of customers. You deal with one broker.

As you say, people are just lazy.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Many moons ago when I was (still) a member of Club Lotus, I got them to do an agreed value insurance valuation of my car based on a set of photographs and a description of the car, in much the same level of detail as you've provided in the original post. Not sure if they still offer such a service but if they do it might help establish a figure for the companies  to work with.

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!