Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Gt3 gear shift surround removal. - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Gt3 gear shift surround removal.

Go to solution Solved by shaunw,

The body coloured gear shift surround on my GT3 has some light scratches so I want to remove it to machine polish it. There are two screws at the bottom each side of transmission tunnel but what else secures it? I assumed it was the Allen bolts around the gaitor but it seems not and I can't find anything in the service notes.

Shaun

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, shaunw said:

The body coloured gear shift surround on my GT3 has some light scratches so I want to remove it to machine polish it. There are two screws at the bottom each side of transmission tunnel but what else secures it? I assumed it was the Allen bolts around the gaitor but it seems not and I can't find anything in the service notes.

Shaun

What does it look like in the parts manual?

Margate Exotics.

8 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

What does it look like in the parts manual?

I don't know because I cant see it in the parts manual. Obviously it's a specific part for the GT3 and doesnt appear to be mentioned at all. I think it may just be a case of undoing things until it moves 😂.

Shaun

• 4 weeks later...
  • Solution

To answer my own question, the moulding is removed by undoing the two screws at each side of the transmission tunnel and also a further two screws that connect the moulding to HVAC control panel. These are accessed by removing the window switches and peering in the holes toward the heater / fan panel. There are two screws right up toward the top of the moulding, a bit tricky to get to but not too bad. Pic for reference:

Shaun

20220621_155425.jpg