Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S2 window dropped by an inch. - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

S2 window dropped by an inch.

Go to solution Solved by Bibs,

My window has dropped by about an inch.  I get it sorted each time I get the car serviced.  But several months later it drops again. I have tried fixing but I can't see how you do. Is there any guides here or else where that can teach you how to fix the windows when the drop?

All the Best

Greg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

This video was great,  learnt how the window works.  As it was the window was not working for another reason. As I looked more closely. I found that a screw had come loose near the top of the front runner guide.  This screw had clearly been screwed in many times before as the philips cross had completely been removed.  So I needed to use a hot glue gun and a small metal bar to screw the screw back in.  I then attempted to hot glue the screw in place.  I not sure this will be a permanent fix. If it fails I will order new screws for the runner and get some thread securing glue to get a better hold.

Does anyone know what screws these are size etc or where to buy just the screws from?

All the Best

Greg

• 1 month later...

First time the screw came loss the following day.  I did fix it by removing the screw and cutting a flat head notch in the screw head.  I also applied some compound to the thread to stop the screw coming loss again.  This worked.  Although i did drop the screw once into the door and though i would not get it out.  I did find it and got the window fully fixed.  Not had a problems since so has been fixed for a month or more now.  The above video really helped. 

All the Best

Greg