Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Parts help needed - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Parts help needed

I have a friend with an S4 that is in need of a power steering hose, part number A082H4055F. This is the high pressure hose that goes from the power steeing pump on the engine to the hardline on the chassis. It is evidently no longer available from Lotus. I was hoping that someone who is near or knows of an S4 or S4s that is being broken for parts might be able to obtain this for us. A diagram is below, it is item number 1 in the drawing. Many thanks!!!

Cheers,

Sanj

540hi12.jpg

Edited by sanj

Visit Sanj's Lotus Esprit Turbo SE pages

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a friend with an S4 that is in need of a power steering hose, part number A082H4055F. This is the high pressure hose that goes from the power steeing pump on the engine to the hardline on the chassis. It is evidently no longer available from Lotus. I was hoping that someone who is near or knows of an S4 or S4s that is being broken for parts might be able to obtain this for us. A diagram is below, it is item number 1 in the drawing. Many thanks!!!

Cheers,

Sanj

540hi12.jpg

Have you got the old one ? If so a good hydraulic company should be able to remake it for you.

Try A1 Hydraulics on 0116 276 1131 and ask for Rinhard. They have made hydraulic lines for me in the past and should be able to make on for you.

Dan

Dan has good advice, just wrong country

Goodyear hose and rubber stores are everywhere for hydraulics

and there are so many others

check yellow pages

not very expensive and you get brand new instead of gunky used...

chris

90SE

just because I don't CARE doesn't mean I don't UNDERDSTAND

Dan has good advice, just wrong country

Goodyear hose and rubber stores are everywhere for hydraulics

and there are so many others

check yellow pages

not very expensive and you get brand new instead of gunky used...

That is what we did, but the end that goes into the power steering pump is a rather tricky type of flare, and they were not able to do avery good job of reproducing it. It keeps loosening up every couple of months...

I'd still like to find a used one, at least to obtain the metal pipe bit, if anyone can help. Thanks!!!

That is what we did, but the end that goes into the power steering pump is a rather tricky type of flare, and they were not able to do avery good job of reproducing it. It keeps loosening up every couple of months...

I'd still like to find a used one, at least to obtain the metal pipe bit, if anyone can help. Thanks!!!

I had one made up for another car, it had a pipe they didn't even want to attempt to reproduce, but they were able to put 2 joints into the old ruber. One of them a swivel, that way they cut out the old bad section swaged a fixed jount in with new hose attached. the second joint (swivel) connected the new back to the old, then , so that I could still align the ends etc, I just loosened the swivel slightly, fited it , then tightened the swivel.

Has the owner still got the old pipe? If so that route may work.

Andy

I had one made up for another car, it had a pipe they didn't even want to attempt to reproduce, but they were able to put 2 joints into the old ruber. One of them a swivel, that way they cut out the old bad section swaged a fixed jount in with new hose attached. the second joint (swivel) connected the new back to the old, then , so that I could still align the ends etc, I just loosened the swivel slightly, fited it , then tightened the swivel.

Has the owner still got the old pipe? If so that route may work.

Andy

We don't have the old one, as the hydraulics place used parts of it to make the nes one. Unfortunately, the flare they were so bad at reproducing was the part that caused the leak in the first place, thus could not be reused.

Surely someone here knows of a breakers in the UK that has an S4...

Edited by sanj