Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Housing Market - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Housing Market

Bibs

My last house only had a double when we moved in, we added a garage for 5 more.

Current place had a large 1.5 car garage, we have put up 2 doubles.

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

We had a double Garage and now we have a single garage and an art studio and an office.

Our single Garage is full of boxes that have been there since we moved in and there's just enough room to fit my sons Motorbike in there in the dead centre. Otherwise, no hope! 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

22 hours ago, Kimbers said:

Our single Garage is full of boxes that have been there since we moved in

You just need to sort through them and bin them/charity shop/car boot/clearance them @Kimbers. You can't even think about downsizing, moving abroad or whatever and retiring soon when you have loads of old, unused clutter and shit lying about all over the place. Where will it all go, or will you spend your hard earned retirement funds on storage?

Wife and I have been increasingly ruthless in clearing out the house of clutter over the past few years. Garage is getting slowly emptied too and the loft has had a couple of clear out sessions. I'm amazed at the shit we've accumulated over the years and cry when I think how much it cost us.  I now lecture the kids on not filling their houses up with useless trinkets and shit as they go through life. Some of the stuff was momento's from holidays etc, but to be honest, it's just shit and unless you get dementia you have the memories anyway so don't need the stuff. And if you get dementia, well, you won't give a shit about the shit anyway..... :)

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

You just need to sort through them and bin them/charity shop/car boot/clearance them @Kimbers. You can't even think about downsizing, moving abroad or whatever and retiring soon when you have loads of old, unused clutter and shit lying about all over the place. Where will it all go, or will you spend your hard earned retirement funds on storage?

Wife and I have been increasingly ruthless in clearing out the house of clutter over the past few years. Garage is getting slowly emptied too and the loft has had a couple of clear out sessions. I'm amazed at the shit we've accumulated over the years and cry when I think how much it cost us.  I now lecture the kids on not filling their houses up with useless trinkets and shit as they go through life. Some of the stuff was momento's from holidays etc, but to be honest, it's just shit and unless you get dementia you have the memories anyway so don't need the stuff. And if you get dementia, well, you won't give a shit about the shit anyway..... :)

I justify my hoarding thus.

I just cleaned out the first of 30 boxes of books. I scanned all the books and Half of the books on "We buy Books app" came to £37 (for 20 books) free collection etc. 

The rest have gone back in the box and we will have a car boot when we have enough. 

We also cleaned out a "box of rubbish" my wife had written on it 7 years ago. Some was rubbish but the rest went to a General auction and one item alone made £72. The rest added to £246.

yesterdays rubbish todays gold!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Lol. Just get it sold before you retire bud. That's a lot of stuff to ship to Cyprus lol.

• Haha 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Making the decision to dump the excess is the hardest bit.  There is little you can't replace if you really  need to.