Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2000 V8 Esprit flasher unit location - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2000 V8 Esprit flasher unit location

Go to solution Solved by Yellow and Green,

• Solution
Bibs
This post was recognized by Bibs!

Yellow and Green was awarded the badge 'Helpful'

See the wiring diagram. It’s not the flasher module because the same module is used for hazards and flashers. 

Check fuse A2 in the front compartment. Then, when it’s not that, turn your hazard flashers on and off about 10 times in rapid succession and your turn signals will work again.

Keep in mind (after looking at the wiring diagram) that the turn signal wiring all goes through the hazard switch, so a dirty contact there will cause a problem (hence why you are turning them on and off a few times).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
On 17/11/2022 at 06:15, Yellow and Green said:

See the wiring diagram. It’s not the flasher module because the same module is used for hazards and flashers. 

Check fuse A2 in the front compartment. Then, when it’s not that, turn your hazard flashers on and off about 10 times in rapid succession and your turn signals will work again.

Keep in mind (after looking at the wiring diagram) that the turn signal wiring all goes through the hazard switch, so a dirty contact there will cause a problem (hence why you are turning them on and off a few times).

I know this is an old post, but I wonder if this also applies to earlier models?

I have a 1988 S3 X180 Esprit. Recently had to replace the entire indicator unit. After install, the horn and high beam works fine, but no indicators. Fuses checked and replaced, but nothing from the flasher unit. 

Diagrams indicate that the flasher unit is up under the dash near the top of the tacho, so before I pull out the entire binnacle, was wondering if the S3 shares the hazard unit also?

I tried the suggested fix, but doesn’t seem to work. Would appreciate any thoughts before undertaking the horrible task of removing the binnacle. 

Many thanks.

Mike

Yes, a 1988 Esprit also uses the same flasher unit for both hazards and indicators. Do your hazards still work? If they don't, it's likely the flasher relay or hazard switch and the binnacle will need to come out. This is not too bad, just get comfortable in the Lotus position to undo the 4 nuts.

Why was the stalk replaced? Are you sure all the wires are connected properly? The one feeding the indicators is LightGreen/Brown (but then hazards should still work).

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Hi

Thanks for replying. I replaced the indicator unit as the base of the previous one shattered (old Bakelite I guess). I managed to find a new Lotus factory unit. Confirm all wires and cables are connected properly and checked all wires with a multimeter. The indicators are the only things not working (horn and high beam are ok). 

Hazards work fine, and the mechanical points for the indicators appear to be making contact as they should. Have checked and replaced all fuses that are associated with the indicators.

That’s why I was a little perplexed as to why the indicators aren’t working - and wondered if there was actually a separate flasher unit for the indicators. 

Cheers

Mike

This is useful info. From what you are describing, the hazard switch has partly failed and in the off position is no longer transmitting the flasher signal to the stalk.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.