Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
GIUGIARO S3/TURBO INTERIOR COLOURS - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

GIUGIARO S3/TURBO INTERIOR COLOURS

LJR

Has anyone ever seen a colour chart for the interior of these models? I know with the Series 1 and 2 cars the interior choice was limited and for certain periods no option was really given but with the Turbo and S3 I've seen a variety of colours mixed and matched with different exteriors colours and wondered how a buyer at the time would have chosen.

I know that I've seen:

Black

Brown

Champagne

Dark Blue

Gold

Green

Hopsack (black/silver cloth)

Light Blue/Grey (called Silver)

Red

Sand

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Good question.

I'd also add were the colours restricted for the different interior options? Cloth, 1/2 leather / full leather

Taking that into account as well I've seen:

Cloth: Black, Blue, Gold, Red, Sand

Half Leather: Black, Blue, Blue leather with Grey Pigskin, Champagne, Green, Gold, Gold leather with Pigskin, Red, Sand Leather/Gold Velour, Silver 

Full Leather: Black, Blue, Brown, Champagne, Gold, Red, Silver

the brown full Leather on a S3 i have only seen on a White, Silver, and Yellow body colour , and only in 1980 and 1981 not the later ones, i also dont know what the reason was that the brown leather was not a option anymore, does somebody knows that? the most cars where White with Brown full leather,

4 hours ago, Tocus said:

the brown full Leather on a S3 i have only seen on a White, Silver, and Yellow body colour , and only in 1980 and 1981 not the later ones, i also dont know what the reason was that the brown leather was not a option anymore, does somebody knows that? the most cars where White with Brown full leather,

Fashion change my friend…….Brown was always seen as very 70’s! Looks great though…..as you know!😉😎

• Love 1

I had a quick look through my archives and I could not find any brochure or pamphlet that listed the interior colour options, only half leather or full leather options.

I did find this, the external/body colour options from the Giugiaro Esprit brochure for the 1986 model year. 

372BA282-20EA-449A-826E-C5F5F1A4631C.jpeg

• Thanks 2

Long time Lotus admirer, recent owner

• 1 month later...

Magnolia full leather - except of dashboard, which is black - on my '85 Turbo Esprit

The Real Stig Lotus Turbo Esprit, Lotus Elise S1, Lotus Elite, Lancia Delta, Jaguar XF ....Previous cars: Subaru SVX, Porsche 924 Turbo, Lotus Eclat Excel, Lotus Elite, Matra Murena 2,2, Fiat X1/9 5sp