Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Wheel Bolts/Nuts in Black - Page 2 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Wheel Bolts/Nuts in Black

1 hour ago, TrevS said:

Sorry to revive this thread but I’m looking for a set of black wheel bolts. I contacted seriously lotus and they said they don’t supply any black ones with the moving washer but that the vx220 ones are the same size just without the moving washer. Given what @EvoraBob said I might give these a go. Can anyone confirm that Evora bolts are the same size as vx220?

https://www.seriouslylotus.com/wheels-tyres/wheels-and-tyres-misc/europa-and-vx220-wheel-bolt-kit-352

Thanks

Trev

The B117G6000F thats Seriously Dave is selling are for a VX220, Elise and early Exige. 

Give Dave a ring and he will confirm if his wheel bolts will fit. 

ZB285TKBLKspec.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Dave sent me this

’The V6 cars ALL use a wheel bolt with a moving tapered washer, rather than a fixed taper.

They are only available in silver with the moving washer, so technically there isn't a black bolt that is correct.
However the bolts used on the VX220 are the same dimensions, just without the moving washer’

So I assume the vx220 bolts will fit fine. Is the picture of the bolt and the adapter above Evora or vx220 size?

Trev

Its the Evora size but I have some old VX220 bolts and they are the same size. The fixed taper is ok just smidge some copper slip on the taper.

Edited by Bibs

The bolt is a complex arrangement that centralises the bolt in the recess by using the moving washer. There are tolerances on the fit and torque.  Any other bolt will be fitting incorrectly and may or may not be suitable.

• Like 1

Actually just waiting on them to give me a price for shipping but I suspect these will be the same design/size as seriously Lotus as they also don't appear to have the moving washer from the picture on the store page.

I had the same problem with Evora S as the original bolts were going rusty.

I bought a new silver set, twenty bolts with tapered washers and had them zinc and black passivation. It is much more durable than painting. 

I used Dorestware Ltd, Unit 1 & 2 Dawkins Road, Hamworthy, Poole, Dorest BH15 4JP. Tel: 01202 677939

They were very helpful.

Cost in 2023 was £60.90 inc VAT and carriage, their minimum charge.

I was actually just looking at the possibility of something like this yesterday so thanks for sharing the info Peter. Do you have a picture of your bolts, have they held up well?

Trev

Edited by Bibs