Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
YES to photography on the day! - Page 2 - Lotus Factory '40 years of Production' Day - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

YES to photography on the day!

All in all its fair enough but it should really have been flagged right at the start.

I would imagine at least 60% of those who are turning up (who have not been made aware) will take a camera with them so it just gives the staff at Hethel a huge headache.

Everyone cant be fantastic at everythiing ... better that Lotus build awsome cars are are perhaps not so slick with some of the organisation of the day than be a well oiled tourist attraction and produce not so slick cars.

Edited by GordonMasson

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Thought the best photo/video oppertunities last time were actually on the way to the factory - As far as the eye could see in front of me was 2/3 lanes full of Esprits down to the horizon, and look in the rearview and all you could see was 2/3 lanes of Esprits going into the distance behind you.

Best drive ever!

Just been in Factory 06 thread again looking at pics - well worth a second/third glance. Getting me in the mood now! <_<

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Guest Troy Halliday

Well I know your all disapointed but I along with everyone else have to hand my camera phone in when I go to the factory the only difference is they don't get their pockets searched on the way out of each department. <_<

Whough!!!

Crazy thread or what!

<_<

So the policy is completely and unsurprisingly exactly the same as last time we went (and had a great time).

Where's the story?

Lotus day, castle combe, donington, oxford, etc etc have all been attended by me with no camera.

I've had over eight years now of snapping esprits and i think i've got quite enough photos to the point

of it being pointless unless i'm going at it like some daft 'gotta collect them all' Pokemon style thing.

Go anywhere now, a concert, zoo, airshow, carshow etc, and it's pityful. NOBODY looks at anything

with their eyes anymore, it's all though a camera or sometimes through a little phone screen held up

in the air.

It's gonna be tough sure, but we're just going to have to go there, have a good time, and rely on good

old fashioned memory of the event. If we are talking to someone about it afterwards then we will have to

go through the torture of describing what it was about (like in the old days), as we won't have the luxury

of whipping a phone out of our pockets and showing little pictures.

Why is it now everybodies god given right to photograph everything in sight, unless stopped?

How is that a good thing?

1087.gif

guys i have accepted it, fine.

all im saying is that for me its dissapointing, im building a memory book to keep and give to my son when hes older, its my first time to the factory, and the first time im going to meet so many people, im bloody scared out of my head and excited at the same time.

i forget faces and names so many times its embaressing.

i was looking forward to getting some pictures of the day and prehaps myself and mjk by my car on display that was all really and of the display i have gone to so much trouble to design and make.

its just nice to be able to look back at a picture years from now and be able to talk about it rather than not remember anything about it.

hopefully there will be an official photographer there then and i can get the pics that way.

Whough!!!

Crazy thread or what!

<_<

So the policy is completely and unsurprisingly exactly the same as last time we went (and had a great time).

Where's the story?

Lotus day, castle combe, donington, oxford, etc etc have all been attended by me with no camera.

I've had over eight years now of snapping esprits and i think i've got quite enough photos to the point

of it being pointless unless i'm going at it like some daft 'gotta collect them all' Pokemon style thing.

Go anywhere now, a concert, zoo, airshow, carshow etc, and it's pityful. NOBODY looks at anything

with their eyes anymore, it's all though a camera or sometimes through a little phone screen held up

in the air.

It's gonna be tough sure, but we're just going to have to go there, have a good time, and rely on good

old fashioned memory of the event. If we are talking to someone about it afterwards then we will have to

go through the torture of describing what it was about (like in the old days), as we won't have the luxury

of whipping a phone out of our pockets and showing little pictures.

Why is it now everybodies god given right to photograph everything in sight, unless stopped?

How is that a good thing?

1087.gif

Hi,

I think as a photographer I for one don't look at an event solely through the camera all the time and as a new owner of an Esprit, I've not attended enough events yet to have a collection of images big enough to not need anymore. My hobby is photography and video, this event for me is the first big event I will be attending as a Lotus car owner, plus as I'm now producing (well if all the red tape lets me) automotive DVD's and Lotus happens to be the first subject, it would have just been a great opportunity to get the day on film.

Also knowing how much I enjoyed the 50th event, and the number of times since then that I've watched the video I'd taken of that day. It was that single event that rekindled my love of Lotus and the Esprit, bringing back memories from my youth, enough to make me wait patiently for three years before I could buy one.

I love the age of the camera phone, the number of times in years gone by before them when I wish I'd had a camera with me to capture a moment in time that's never repeatable. sure these memories can be told, but how much better it is if you can produce an image to enhance the story being told. Ok there are down sides as well, but isn't that the case with any new technology, theres always going to be good an bad sides.

I will be like everyone else and attend cameraless, but I know I'll be going around looking at things, thinking, 'god that would have made a nice shot'. Also as I would have used the material filmed on the day in my DVD, it would have allowed all those people who can't attend the chance to see the event either on the website or purchasing the DVD.

Owen.

I've just spoken to Lotus and there is a complete camera ban for attendees. There will be official photographers there so you can have access to those images after the event to show people. I don't know if they will be free or for sale or if perhaps there will be a website with all the pics on afterwards but that's the story from the top. This topic has run it's course now so is locked.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

After some confusion between staff at Lotus I had a call yesterday and can now confirm that you can take your camera to the day :lol:

No commercial use, personal photos only but feel free to snap away and have a lovely time :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Excellent, thanks Lotus & Bibs

Might need to buy another memory card :lol:

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

super news

Big_camera.png

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

thanks lotus, you have made my day now :lol: lots of pictures for the memory book :)

this means so much to me as i now get to record my first ever factory event in the esprit and i get pictures of all the guys who i have never met with her also.

can i book a photo session with the boss as well??

can i book a photo session with the boss as well??

you want to book a session with Laura?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

GREAT NEWS! :lol:

Thanks to all who were involved...

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg