Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Blaupunkt SQR 48: radio code - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Blaupunkt SQR 48: radio code

Go to solution Solved by CarBuff,

A US Owner has an original Lotus-branded head unit (radio/cassette) that is 'bricked'.  He wants to get it operational.

It is from an '89 Esprit.

There are some numbers on the side including a Serial # but I don't know how to input any code...
The numbers include an 8, so they can't just punch it in since the channel selectors only go to 6.

A Google search found reset directions for modern Blaupunkts but the Lotus Parts Lists only mention Clarion head units. I found out that a Blaupunkt dealer might be able to reset it, for a fee.

Radio 89 Esprit.png

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

After spending a lot of time trying to find an answer, the most useful action seemed to be to bring it to a Blaupunkt associated audio store so that they could 'unlock' it.

There are several in our vicinity.

Stay tuned.

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

I have a quite similar Blaupunkt in one of my Oldies. I bought and installed it myself in the 80's.

As far as I remember, you have to push the station keys 1 to 4 for the 4 digit code. The number raises with every push. At the end, you have to push the seek button to enter.

Perhaps i can look in my old operation manual, if there is a possibility to reset the code.

Here is a german company where you can get a code. https://www.blaupunktradiocode.de/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

The owner said that the Blaupunkt audio shop was able to get the code and restore the radio to a working condition.

No details about accessing the code provided, though.

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

11 hours ago, LotuStuart said:

Vast majority of BP codes are calculated from the serial number. 

I think that the process mentioned by @jojo s4s would have worked.

The radio was not my possession or I would have tried it.

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

24 minutes ago, CarBuff said:

I think that the process mentioned by @jojo s4s would have worked.

The radio was not my possession or I would have tried it.

That’s how you enter the code, yes, but you need to know the code. I bought mine from an eBay seller for 1.99£