Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
At last! Picked up my Magma Red stunner.... - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

At last! Picked up my Magma Red stunner....

Evotion

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yeah, I am loving it. WIll pop out in a mo and do a nice route. Can;t believe how good it looks AND feels.

• Like 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• Gold FFM

Congratulations!

I'm not sure from the photo, but does the car have a tan interior?

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Nono. Very happy with how the black Alcantara/Leather looks and feels.

• Gold FFM

If I had watched the video first, I would've known it was not tan. :getmecoat:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 8 months later...

Digging up an old thread here.

Had a ride today in Ade's Magma Red Emira (he lives quite near me), as he informed me that he'd finally collected it from B&C, where they'd fitted his Larini exhaust system.

"You gotta come & hear this!!"  he said.

Well, It's really quite a change from std!, in Tour drive mode, it's a little louder, but the main difference is a distinctly deeper note to the sound, the engine sounds 'bigger', if you know what I mean.

But when put in Sport, or track, it's a totally different animal. Whilst it clearly can't be revving any higher due to the limiter, it's sounds like it is, almost like it's not a 6 anymore! (I know, that sounds crazy right). I guess it can only be the sheer level of sound, but it really does howl!   I think it probably attracts a bit more attention, both good & bad than I would be comfortable with, but I guess in Tour mode, if you're taking it easy it's probably perfectly acceptable when needed, but Ade didn't really do 'taking it easy in Tour mode'!    He's a bit of a Hooligan.

Interestingly, it was my first ride in an Emira equipped with the Sport Chassis option (my own is a Tour), and I have to say I was very surprised how compliant it was, not the jarring boneshaker I was expecting, or should I say, had been led to believe.  Ade did say he was running the tyre pressures on the lower side, which may have helped a bit, but tbh, it really didn't feel much different to mine.

Plus a shout out to Ade, for his connection with GVE in Uxbridge, who honoured the 10% discount on the full PPF on my Emira from quoting his (RevMonkey) youtube channel, and they did a fabulous job, and the customer experience there was excellent.

Update over :)

Jon

• Like 1

Getting Older!

Great to see you again Jon. 

Your car looks Epic with the gold stripes. Great job. 

Glad GVE gave you a good service. 

Your car should stay as pristine as it looked today. 

Your feedback in the suspension was very interesting and aligned with my previous thoughts. 

The new exhaust does indeed howl. Can't wait for it to bed in but surely it can't sound better. 😁