Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Louvres / wheel arch vents for Elise S3 front clam - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Louvres / wheel arch vents for Elise S3 front clam

Hey - wondering if anyone has put Louvres / air vents on their Elise series 3 front clam like the Elise cup 260 similar to exige/Evora gt430 ? 

i have seen the following options:

1. Komotec - for exige - not sure they fit Elise but advantage they don’t need fibreglassing in 

https://www.komo-tec.com/en/lotus-exige/mk3-toyota-v6350380/exterieur/789/upper-carbon-wheel-arch-vents-kt-track?c=577

2. Greg’s race parts - bit rough / tacky looking for me

https://www.gregsraceparts.com/collections/aero-exterior/products/reverie-carbon-fibre-front-wheel-arch-louvre-vents-for-lotus-elise-exige-s2-exige-v6-pair-1

3. seriouslylotus - the best looking but require professional skills and painting

https://www.seriouslylotus.com/miscellaneous/exterior/clam-top-air-vents

thanks in advance for any feedback 

Chris 

• 1 month later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Shortfork said:

i thought about but when i see close i didn't like the look a company called reverie does them 

Agree I don’t like the reverie ones, I went with the seiuoslylotus louvres (3rd option). for the Elise i think they are the best option and in line with what’s on the Cup 260. They do require the most work and are a lot more expensive with professional labour to mould into the clam and require the whole front clam to be repainted. 

Jwinger- If I had an exige series 3 like the 410 I would have gone the komotec moulds as well as they just require the clam to be cut and then moulds are placed in with no fibreglass work or painting required. 

Edited by Chris Dan1
Incorrect word
  • Like 1

On 05/05/2023 at 23:52, Chris Dan1 said:

Agree I don’t like the reverie ones, I went with the seiuoslylotus louvres (3rd option). for the Elise i think they are the best option and in line with what’s on the Cup 260. They do require the most work and are a lot more expensive with professional labour to mould into the clam and require the whole front clam to be repainted. 

Jwinger- If I had an exige series 3 like the 410 I would have gone the komotec moulds as well as they just require the clam to be cut and then moulds are placed in with no fibreglass work or painting required. 

I'm looking at the ElTech ones...kind of similar to the seriously lotus ones but carbon fibre, which I'll probably leave exposed. The komotec approach is way less work but looks after market not oem. ElTech also added from underside of clam for the OEM look

Edited by jwinger
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Project getting closer to completion. Love the louvres great quality work.

Anyone know how you can get the Elise 260 wing mounts and wing ? The wing  on it at the moment is carbon fibre cup wing on exige mounts that doesn’t sit right in my opinion. 

IMG_0573.png

IMG_3222.jpeg

IMG_3221.jpeg

Edited by Chris Dan1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...