Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elan Type 100 battery access - M100 Elan - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Elan Type 100 battery access

jep

Will try this or similar if at some point I need to change the battery, at least I can  charge mine from the extra + post in the engine bay. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jep said:

Here's a handy tip to provide easier access to the battery once you have the cover to the battery off. The problem being, the hood and hood cover want to shut so a two person job. Or:

IMG20230223160253.jpg

Use the battery cover to prop both. A tip from Steve Williams, Maidenhead, Lotus service guru. 

Justin

I invented that tip nearly 20 years ago. Should have cooywrighted©️ it 😉

• Like 1

Todmorden will probably benefit from that when he gets into the fuel pump, petrol filter and fuel pump relay.

Many's the time I've seen people struggling in the battery compartment area by trying to wedge their body between the open hood and open rear deck area. It's surprising how few people know about the battery cover trick. Unless of course you're in LEC.

This lower miler red one has a trickle charge port behind the driver seat....I had turned off the trickle charger to reset it....and forget to turn it back on. Hence the need to access the battery to jump start. 

The 50000th Lotus (Type 100) has a DC charger that lives in the car when driving, plug in when home. It works and has since the previous owner fitted in 1999. 

Justin