Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Rear seat connection... - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Rear seat connection...

Go to solution Solved by exeterjeep,

• Gold FFM

I removed the rear seat and now I can't work out how the lower cushion goes back on.

There's two clips either side of the seat cushion but I can't seem to work out what to latch them to, any tips?

I did this in an emergency in the dark, down a dark road in the middle of nowhere with no phone signal when my car wouldn't start, my manly sense of pride at getting the car started by pulling it apart and fiddling with things is being somewhat lessened by the fact that I can't work out how a clip works.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Solution

From the manual - may help?

Seat Base Removal:
1. Place your hand around the outer section of the LH/RH outer squab sections to determine if retaining clips
have been fitted to secure the seat base frame to the lower section of the quarter panels, if fitted gently pull
the frame upwards to release the frame from the clips.
2. Release the rear seat base cushion from the fuel tank bay panel by pulling it free from its 4 Velcro fastening
sections.
3. The seat base may now be withdrawn from the cabin.
Refitment:
Is the reverse procedure of removal.
Ensure sure the seat belt buckles are refitted correctly between the backrest and seat base assembly (i.e., not
kinked, twisted or trapped between the backrest, seat base or bulkhead panel).

• Like 1