Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elise S1 1999 suspension. - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Elise S1 1999 suspension.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume the height you give is the free length of the unfitted shocks. I have nitrons (Street series) on mine they have adjustable spring platforms to alter the height but unfortunately I haven't measured the free length (only the platform heights).  The height it sits at will depend on the spring rates and the platform height. Sorry can't be of more help.  I found the springs with mine to stiff, they are a std diameter race spring and I changed mine for faulkner.

Nice @ADF! I'm fitting my Nitrons this weekend, albeit on my S2.  My plan was to measure the platform heights as well and when fitted, adjust to match.  It'll obviously be going for a full geo alignment afterwards as I'm also changing a number of other suspension parts at the same time!

RE the ride stiffness, I was going to set them to err on the side of soft to start with, but interesting to read you found the springs too stiff still.  You'll have to drive mine to compare when we next meet up!