Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The wait is over - Magma Red Collection - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

The wait is over - Magma Red Collection

Nellie

4 hours ago, Nellie said:

Magma Red FE

The red looked good on the only 1 I have seen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bibs said:

Nice one Adam, congratulations. First impressions?

Hi Bibs,

It just feels so balanced and easy to drive 🙂. The cabin is so much better put together than other Lotus I have been in and a significant step up in build quality than the Esprit I still have, comfort is amazing the seats are so comfortable.

The steering is weighted perfectly and with the touring spec suspension handles the bumps (More Potholes than bumps) in its stride, working under the 4K rev limit I cannot talk for outright performance at the moment but even with this limit it still gives a grin - Hope to do Lotus trackday at Silverstone in May so will talk more after that about its performance.

Having modern tech and dash gives a nice user experience, the KEF stereo is  awesome (Albeit I prefer listening to the Exhaust in Sport mode) and both Android Auto and Apple Carplay are available, being an Android phone user it gives me Google Maps which I prefer over most OEM Sat Nav's for accuracy and ease of use.

About the only downside I can see at the moment is the lack of storage so touring will require some planning on bag sizes and contents, more on the wife's side than mine 😜

Lastly it just looks gorgeous no matter which angle you view it from, and when you are out and about it gets so much attention

Annoyingly the Shell garage today asked if it was a Ferrari 👿 🤣

2 hours ago, Jon Fuller said:

Out of interest, how much was the gap insurance?

And from whom?

Jon

Hi Jon,

I took the Gap insurance provided via Lotus which was £499 for 3 years

Nellie

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Annoyingly the Shell garage today asked if it was a Ferrari

Think if it was wrapped in a closer 'Ferrari' red, would look really good outside our local Ferrari dealer and then many more would say the same thing that the Shell garage said.

1 hour ago, Nellie said:

Hi Jon,

I took the Gap insurance provided via Lotus which was £499 for 3 years

Nellie

Thanks Adam.

And what kind of Gap cover is that? ie, is it the new for old type?

And, do you know if it can be renewed / extended at the end of the 3 years?

Jon

Getting Older!

Looks cracking 👍 I can see why unknowledgeable people think it's Ferrariesque in that colour.

Only thing I don't like is the pimp my ride, blacked out rear windows but that's just my personal view.