Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Replacing Blue main beam tell tale - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Replacing Blue main beam tell tale

Can anyone help with instructions how to replace the blue high beam tell tale bulb in my 1994 Esprit S4?

I already have the binnacle off and have access to the connectors, however I cannot remove the bulb. I don't know if I need to try to remove both the hazard tell tale and the main beam tell tale together with their holder, and if so, does it push out the back, or pull out from the front?

It feels like I'm going to break something, so hopefully you guys can prevent that!

Thanks,

Mark.

1994 Lotus Esprit S4  &  2016 Tesla Model S P90D

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yup, that arrangement is the most bizarre of any bulb holders beneath the binnacle. I just finished a major overhaul of bulbs and switches (with binnacle off). I was considering letting those particular bulbs go; even though I'd like fresh bulbs in those four. I'm gonna give it another try this weekend and I'll report back.

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/04/2023 at 08:30, KJC said:

Yup, that arrangement is the most bizarre of any bulb holders beneath the binnacle. I just finished a major overhaul of bulbs and switches (with binnacle off). I was considering letting those particular bulbs go; even though I'd like fresh bulbs in those four. I'm gonna give it another try this weekend and I'll report back.

Did you have any luck getting those bulbs out?

I've already broken one of the small brittle plastic clips before I gave up ☹️

1994 Lotus Esprit S4  &  2016 Tesla Model S P90D

I don't know is this helps, but they're a square, push-in job. I've just had the indicator bulb out next to the main beam. They should pull out, no clip involved, but hold the shroud as well as the lamp holder.

IMG_6083.JPG

Margate Exotics.