Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coolant hose from manifold to water pump - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Coolant hose from manifold to water pump

Found that shortest of hoses was the cause of my persistent coolant leak, and what a pain that is to remove and replace. Got some 38mm i.d. rubber hose and last night just managed to get it fitted although it's not gone around the water pump beaded inlet very far, and still leaks. Couldn't push it any more over the inlet with the limited space and leverage I had. The slight angle isn't helping either.

I'm considering getting a silicone hose as I might have more luck, but can anyone confirm the hose i.d. that I need? I thought it was 38mm (1.5") but someone else has said it's actually 35mm so am wondering if that's contributing to my leak with the new hose.

Hose area below for reference.

IMG_20230524_120641_adobe_express.jpeg.f95da8090f4cfe50409020cd8196bdfc.jpeg 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Just bite the bullet and remove the inlet manifold 🙂.  It's worth checking the manifold face (and the head, for that matter) for water corrosion anyway.  It's definitely a 35mm id hose that you need (although the castings vary from 35mm to 36.5mm).  Removing the manifold will allow you to fit the correct length of hose.

Pete