Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TC fault on dash display - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TC fault on dash display

Go to solution Solved by exeterjeep,

Hi All, I did a track day at Hethel last Saturday and about halfway through the morning session the display showed TCFAULT and also ABS light illuminated as well as skid car symbol between the speedo and rev counter. One of the guys had a fault finder and we plugged it in and tried to replicate it on a gentle lap but would not display. Tried the car on road on Sunday but under normal road driving conditions I could not replicate the fault. Any ideas on what could be causing this? Also I'm guessing for the garage to fix it they would have to have the fault displayed?

Any helpful suggestions as to the likely cause (and solution) welcome.  

Thanks in advance.

• Solution

Possibly the brake pedal switch, seems a common issue on V6 cars, cheap and simple(ish) to change. Did mine last year after occasional fault became worse. Found some instructions, had to slightly mod the replacement part to fit - needed a bit of a file. Already bought another one for the next time.

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/120016-abs-and-traction-control-warning-lights-on/#comment-1015880

• Thanks 1

It could just be a glitch/gremlin if it's not come back on. You can use a code reader and for some more significant faults, the ECU will store them but if it was a minor fault, they're often self-cleared and 5 key on/off events but if the one you used didn't show anything, I'd stick with the glitch idea and ignore if for now. 

• Thanks 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Had this happen once ages ago, and did not happen again for months, happened once more on a trip to Thruxton, not on the way back. No problems for a further few months and then happened more often. One Saturday happened 3 times, knew it must have been the brake switch, as started the car, did not touch the clutch or accelerator, but came on as soon as I pressed and released the brake peddle.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...