Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
looking for an aftermarket racing radiator - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

looking for an aftermarket racing radiator

esprithk

do a test run of the cooling system today. there is water leaking in the front radiator :harhar:

I tell my mechanic to measure the size and write down the required flowing rate, then try his best to locate an aftermarket racing radiator.

if this is not possible, he just does a temporary welding to fix it up first, and I will purchase the LOTUS part later.

(I need to get the car out first as I will be too busy at work to take care of the car next month)

please tell me what's the best recommendation to fit the original location of the radiator with minor mounting modification?

**I am thinking the racing radiator will be better quality than the original one, right?

Edited by esprithk

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

What a coincidence, we have specially developed and made a fully aluminium radiator for all Esprits from MY1988-2004. Its a direct fit, just bolt on. No modifications needed !

It has more water volumina and has 3 rows instead of only 2 rows. Heat transfer efficiency is at least 30-40% increased vs. the stock one.

Dry weight of the whole cooler is only 6kg !!!!! :harhar:

This cooler is now available from stock.

Tomorrow I will also put it on our website.

Cheers

Marcus

Here is a pic:

Aluminium%20Cooler.JPG

Edited by Paula&Marcus

Marcus

That looks pretty....

How much we looking at then Marcus....???

Simon

Currently priced at 1090 Euro on the R&B website.

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

yes, Marcus,

I was informed by Denise (another Esprit HW owner in HK) tonight, so I am asking R&B to give me a full INVOICE now.

Do you know when it will ship out from Germany?

**Denise also tells me EspritEngineering UK has a Stainless Steel Fan mounting kit for the radiator.

However, it probably weights heavier than the original iron piece, so I will not buy it.

How come they don't consider to make the mounting using Aluminum Alloy?

Why not just get your old rad recored.....????

They will reuse the ends and it'll cost you a lot less.....

UK price circa

Eric,

R&B is an independent company, you have to ask them ... not me.

yes, Marcus,

I was informed by Denise (another Esprit HW owner in HK) tonight, so I am asking R&B to give me a full INVOICE now.

Do you know when it will ship out from Germany?

Edited by Paula&Marcus

Marcus

Eric,

No need to apologize ... its absolutely fine like it is. I'm sure you will not have any prolems with R&B, they are just great !

And moreso they are friends of mine ... :whistle:

Cheers

Marcus

ok, Marcus....

sorry I contacted R & B first...

if there is problem, I will get back to you...

thx Eric

Marcus

I put a Griffin aluminum radiator put on my V8, probably one the best mods I've done; cost ~$1100 and came with new spal fans etc

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

everything is great!

I will get my new aluminium alloy radiator middle of next week!

at the moment, I am doing minor modification on the cosmetic of my MOMO steering wheel to add a lotus logo in the middle of it, and i also order an aluminium shift knob from R&B together...

I really think adding such a race radiator in warm / hot climate zones is a must, but yesterday( about 13 Deg Celsius) I was going for a nice and slow fall-drive the car became too cool and the ECU had my boost fall back below .7 bar. Only after the car warmed up again I had the full boost available again...

Olaf S400 project www.esprits4.de

shapeimage_1.jpg

My engineer pal made me an aluminium rad, and we integrated into the design, the rings to allow fitting of two kelowe fans.

these are 1. Lighter than the originals. 2. A lot more efficient that the originals meaning you only need 2 and not 3 (even more weight saving) and finally 3. Lower profile, so you're less likely to ground them out over bumps! (as I did with my last ones!!)

The aluminium rad does indeed save a load of weight, which is handy at the front end. The extra efficiency of the rad, as well as the kenlowe fans, means that when my engine gets hot and the fans come on, they're only on for about 30 seconds and the temperature is back down to 90 again!

I think I paid about

Ok, here are some pictures of my rad. Note the rad tap on the top. This is to make bleeding the radiator an easy job.. I couldn't stand the way on the standard car you would open up the bolt ever so gently, then all of a sudden it would jump out and cover you with the entire, scalding contents of the cooling system.

The rad tap can just be opened very slightly until al the air is out, then closed. And it's scrwed into a boss, so it can be changed if the seals go.

rad1.jpg

rad2.jpg

rad3.jpg