Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1987 Lotus Esprit Turbo HC - For Sale - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

1987 Lotus Esprit Turbo HC

lotusforsale.com

1987 Lotus Esprit Turbo HC

66,000 miles,

Full MOT (expires 21st Oct 2024)

I bought this car from Lotus Engineering at Hethel in August 2014 in a staff only closed bid auction. Lotus Engineering bought the car with approx 50000 miles and full Lotus Service History in 2004 to use to develop components that had gone out of production, examples being tyres, dampers, road springs, suspension bushes, starter motor and more. Lotus kept the car on the road with MOT’s being carried out at Stratton Motor Company between 2004 and 2009. It then stood until July 2014 where it was offered to staff in a closed bid auction.

Lotus bought the car with a full service history, during the 10 years Lotus owned the car it got lost, I have an email from Brian Angus, the Engineer responsible for the car during its time at Lotus stating “The car came with complete history. There was a folder in the car with all the service history, MOT certificates and other assorted receipts. It sounds like this went missing during the time it was parked up.”

The Bilstein Eibach project for which Lotus initially bought the car can be read about here, with pictures of the car – http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EGuides/EModifications/Lotus_Suspension.html

These springs and dampers are still on the car except the front springs which where replaced last year with new Eibach items from Lotus.

While in Lotus ownership the car featured on 5th Gear (I think?) See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ-WSlKCljw

The car is pictured in the Jeremy Walton book commemorating the end of Esprit production – see pictures

I have a hand written folder of all the work carried out to the car while it was owned by Lotus, MOT certificates from Lotus and my ownership, genuine Lotus service parts list, a Certificate of Provenance, a copy of the original invoice (London Lotus Center) and the key ring from Lotus times with Brian’s name on it.

The car has removable glass roof, storage bag for glass roof and wind deflector, it was bought with all options, see Certificate of Provenance support letter in pictures.

The car has a rare two slot bonnet and is the only Pearlescent White car with full blue leather interior built.

Original engine and gearbox.

This is the same as the car owned by Harry Metcalfe which sold for £70k plus earlier in the year.

It starts first time, runs very well with no flat spots, has great oil pressure, does not overheat in traffic, is fast, has no suspension/steering knocks/rattles, drives in a straight line and stops in a straight line and will lock up the front wheels if you press the pedal hard enough. It rides and handles the same as it left the Lotus Engineering spring and damper development program.

Vredestien Giugario tyres that have done about 4000 miles, all are like new, space saver spare that has never been on the car.

See screen shots of my records for what I have done to the car and what I have bought for it.

The car was off the road between January 2020 and September 2022 because I was working in China, it has been MOT’ed twice and driven about 1200 miles since.

The car is in Norfolk, UK

07896 296050 or smarshall@gmx.co.uk

£45000

The post 1987 Lotus Esprit Turbo HC appeared first on lotusforsale.com.

Click to view item

• Like 1

Auto-generated post from www.lotusforsale.com - Click 'view full article' to respond to the poster.

• 3 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hello, this is my Esprit, I have changed the advert on Lotusforsale but it has not changed the advert above.

Phone number should read 07986 296050 and price reduced to £39995

Any questions please ask

Steve

• Like 1