Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What is the most ridiculous thing someone has said about your car? - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What is the most ridiculous thing someone has said about your car?

Chemical7

I will start off: I am originally from Southern California (L.A.), but I am currently stationed in a small town with about 30K people. There are a lot of individauls here that have never seen anything like an Esprit.

The other day I'm at the muffler shop getting my straight pipes done when a local drives up very aggressively in his mid-90's Mustang and says: "Is that real?"

I respond with a puzzled look: "Its a real Lotus"

He says: "What is a Lotus?"

I say: "It's a British made supercar"

To which he replies: "Is it fast?"

I respond: "0 - 60 in 4.2"

He responds by trying to burn out of the muffler shop, but fails to do so. :whistle:

99 Lotus Esprit Deep Purple * 07 Mercedes Benz E350 * 04 Volvo XC90 * 07 Yamaha R1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best one I heard from a friend with an Esprit. He was driving back home (RI) with his newly purchased Yellow V8. He stops at a backwoods rural gas station (Georgia I think)....gas person comes out and asks "Is that one of those Ferrarighinis?"

Answer from my buddy "Yes, Yes it is".

"What it's go for? at least $200,000"

Answer from my buddy "You wouldn't believe what I spent on it"

Got in his car and drove away.

This is not that unusual, but a young lad working in a gas station said, "Wow, this is the first Lamborghini I've had come in here!" :whistle:

Most ridiculous question someone has ever asked me : is that fuel or diesel in there ?

Yeah right, they make that kind of cars to run on diesel, I said :whistle:

- Nulla tenaci invia est via -

Most ridiculous question someone has ever asked me : is that fuel or diesel in there ?

Yeah right, they make that kind of cars to run on diesel, I said :whistle:

Mind you sounds like one :)

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

This was more of a statement than a question......."nah, you'd have been better off with a Subaru" :):):whistle:

Which of course goes to prove that you have to be as stupid as those cars look, in order to drive one!

Just because you can, does'nt mean you should.

This was more of a statement than a question......."nah, you'd have been better off with a Subaru" :):):whistle:

Which of course goes to prove that you have to be as stupid as those cars look, in order to drive one!

Katie, in that case you go for the Subaru, ask for the special baseball cap,big earring, assorted music (just beats, no lyrics) and have some of your brains removed ;)

In Belgium they all go by the name of Johnny & Marina :)

my favorite, not a insult at all was in a petrol station, "is that a new limited edition esprit, thought they stopped making them",,, "err no its.......",,,, "can i be cheeky and ask more or less than

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

A friend of the wife's said "Does it go underwater like on the movie?"

Yes, all the way to the bottom. I replied.

Iain

espritbondko9.jpg

God how, I laugh when I hear that one!..

Mind you when moaning about getting my old radio out a mate said, "who put it in, Q?"

Look what Q's brought us. Isn't it nice!

I was at a gas pump and a guy came over to me and asked " is it real?" . My reply was " yep, its real alright, hell I even drove right up to this pump. You can touch it if you don't believe me."

Cheers,

Clay

That is what I should've said! Great reply.

Keep-um coming boys these are funny as heck!

99 Lotus Esprit Deep Purple * 07 Mercedes Benz E350 * 04 Volvo XC90 * 07 Yamaha R1

My funniest one is similar to chandrab experience. A couple of guys at the Petrol station asked me how much its worth, I said 100,000 pounds, they were going wow really its beautiful.

The worst experience was a couple of chavs pulled up next to me at the petrol station, one came over and looked at the car, he pointed to a tiny paint blemish on the top of the car and said thats a shame isnt it. I looked over at his old beaten up cortina really obviously, looked at him and just smiled. Nuff said. Going back though if I could have put words into my mouth, I would have given him a right tong up. Why do people think that can talk down to you for owning such a nice a car is beyond me. Anyway luckily for me most people usually give me smiles and thumbs up. Its the worst situations you always remember though which peeves me off.

350.gifNo.23

Tosser behind the counter of a petrol station the other week, proclaiming out loud that it is 'one of those plastic fake kit cars'. When I told him that it's not a kit car, he started arguing with me, until I got a bit 'assertive' with him and he shut up.

Needed new front dampers urgently for Lottie around 10 months ago to get her through the Manx vehicle inspection (first attempt!) and phoned the local motor factors.

Realised I was on a hiding to nothing (despite going into real detail about the car at the start of the call) when the guy on the phone ran through a checklist of questions which included "is it a petrol or a diesel".

What a relief it was talking next to Christopher Neil's parts guy - shox were here in a couple of days and cheap as chips.

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

Tosser behind the counter of a petrol station the other week, proclaiming out loud that it is 'one of those plastic fake kit cars'. When I told him that it's not a kit car, he started arguing with me, until I got a bit 'assertive' with him and he shut up.

Maybe we should put a giant Lotus logo on our car and add a sticker "... and it's genuine"

On the other hand : it's really nice to own an exotic car, I've been car-crazy since my childhood, and I can't recall ever have seen more than 5 Esprit's ever in my entire life on public roads.

The usual "Is it a Ferrari" is something I have come to expect every time I take the car out. Several months ago I had a gentleman approach me at a gas station...

"Is that a Ferrari?"

"No, it's a Lotus Esprit"

Looks at the car for a bit, obviously racking his brain. Shrugs and says, "I didn't know Ferrari made a lotusesprit".

"No, it a Lotus, not a Ferrari."

"OH YES! I've heard of them before! Who makes Lotus?"

I thought about it for a second, replied "Ferrari", and left as quickly as possible

"Mate......is that a MAZDOH?" in a really scally mancunian accent.

the day after I was born I seemed to know inside out the entire lotus range.......kids nowadays, if it doesnt look like it starred in fast & furious, they dont care.

I had a colleague at work last week start to talk about the ferrari parked out front of the hotel we were at and was just about to blurt the words the green colour is cra..... when I said, be careful , that my lotus you are talking about. Red faced he apologised and admitted he knew nothing about cars!