Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Eletre early adopters community manual - Eletre Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Eletre early adopters community manual

Ivo

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks Ivo, very helpful idea. Currently my clock is out of sync, sat nav offline and Lotus app not downloading. I suspect the car isn’t syncing via its onboard sim. At your suggestion , I tried a soft reset but nothing happened except the radio coming off mute. Maybe I’ll need factory reset..unless you have a better idea

Thanks for this. I'm not on Facebook, so I'm glad this is here.

I'm having the DAB audio issues too, that I can see reported this morning. I have fed it directly into Lotus this morning, but it's good to know that I'm not alone.

This is a really good idea.

The lack of any meaningful instruction manual is quite surprising. The provided documentation is so superficial as to be useless.

My only contribution so far would be:

Auto-dipping headlights: DO NOT USE. Bloody dangerous. Constantly flashes oncoming cars, and dips on blind corners when no one is around. Must have them in Audi mode somehow. 

I've mentioned to Lotus that as a professional cinematographer for many major OEM's as well as running TLF, I'll be glad to make some instructional videos for the car and how it all works. Watch this space! 

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Certainly on base model there is a high-beam switch, and you can go between automatic and manual high-beam.

Auto is totally dysfunctional.

My Kia Eniro has auto high-beam that works flawlessly, so I was expecting similar. 

Don't know if this qualifies as an entry for the manual, or just my lack of understanding of how to configure apple carplay.

To set up carplay, you push and hold the voice button on the steering wheel, and this puts the car into carplay discovery mode. 
But, I had already bluetooth linked my iphone for music and hands-free. Iphone did not like that. It wouldn't 'upgrade' the pairing to carplay.
I had to unpair my phone first, then push the voice button on the steering wheel, and then go into iphone settings/carplay and link the car from there.

Then I got carplay/hands-free/music connections.

1 hour ago, RichEV said:

Auto-dipping headlights:

Doesn't the Eletre have Matrix LED headlamps? Ie. Adaptive Driving Beam (ADB) so always on "full beam" once you are above 30 mph and out of streetlights?

Hmm - I noticed the spec says "LED high beam spot" too.  Is that in addition to ADB?

I'm in an S Spec and so far not noticed any weird issues, yet, but I think we all need a bit of clarity here between us of what it's all doing and what we should be expecting.

46 minutes ago, jimbobjoe said:

Don't know if this qualifies as an entry for the manual, or just my lack of understanding of how to configure apple carplay.

To set up carplay, you push and hold the voice button on the steering wheel, and this puts the car into carplay discovery mode. 
But, I had already bluetooth linked my iphone for music and hands-free. Iphone did not like that. It wouldn't 'upgrade' the pairing to carplay.
I had to unpair my phone first, then push the voice button on the steering wheel, and then go into iphone settings/carplay and link the car from there.

Then I got carplay/hands-free/music connections.

Erm, I think it does, because I was told Android Auto and Carplay were not yet available...there is no mention anywhere about discovery mode. 

2 hours ago, aquiss said:

Erm, I think it does, because I was told Android Auto and Carplay were not yet available...there is no mention anywhere about discovery mode. 

So I'm half right. I did indeed get the iphone to link to the Lotus in carplay mode (according to the iphone).

It just doesn't actually do anything in the car!

• 2 weeks later...

Sharing my list of discovered issues/missing;

1) auto high beam. Never thought I will be worse then I was with Tesla 2 years ago, but here we are :)

2) missing auto brightness of screen

3) missing option for lock on walk away

4) rapidgate on charging (see my other post)

5) adjust power / charging amps from app

6) Remote camera view

7) precondition battery

😎 let use of phone instead of key fob.

AS the dealee suggested I've sent feedback about all of them, so let's wait and see what the first software update will bring us (besides android auto and carplay)

Yeah, you're running on the same version as in the UK

As for preconditioning, whilst not yet confirmed, I'm sure the plan was, if you select a charger from the Satnav it would precondition, so maybe this has not yet been introduced.

China is on 1.0.0H and as I understand are slightly ahead with features, so they may already be able to do this, but I've not had too much time myself to look into things.

Good morning,
Personally, I have the AUDIO + with subwoofer, for DAB no big problems, but I mainly use a USB stick with MP3s. In these two modes the sound is superb, perhaps a little too low (to see if they adapt an equalizer in the future!).
On the other hand, with Spotify, the sound is very flat, so not great!
When leaving the car there is a delay before it works!! and sometimes the USB key is no longer detected (forced to remove it and replace it).
As for the overspeed beeps I can still understand. But crossing the line which is automatically activated at each departure is very painful!!
So I don't know what causes the little beeps even if you don't exceed the speed? or crossing lines! Even when disabled temporarily.

• 4 weeks later...

Test drove yesterday and looks like the are three options - off, Visual and Beep plus Visual.  If you leave Visual only that satisfies the regulations but does it reset to beep as well every single time?

That's super annoying if so (and not legally required).

How have people found the camera mirrors....  Harry Metcalfe review suggests they are not great....?

Thanks for a brilliant resource.  Especially for potential new owner.