Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
A/C Compressor part interchangeability - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

A/C Compressor part interchangeability

Hi All,

I have a very niche query about the A/C compressors used on the V6 cars. There are two part numbers, each using a different oil for lubrication:

A132E6349S uses PAG46 oil (not sure of the Denso part number)

A132E6563H uses ND12 oil (This is the Denso part 447260-1019)

The question is, if I need to replace the second part, can I use the first, given that the system will need a full flush and rebuild prior to recommissioning?

The dryer will be replaced as a matter of course and I suspect the condenser will also need replacing, due to fall out from the compressor failure. The transfer pipes running through the sill will be replaced, given these leaking caused my problem in the first place, so it should be easy to ensure that there is no residual ND12 in the system if I can indeed drop in a PAG46 lubed part.

Any informed opinions?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Denso, ND12 is still a PAG46 lubricant compatible with both R134 & R1234, so I would assume you'll be fine.   But good practice suggests you should ideally use one or the other, if possible.    (not an informed opinion! )

Hi Steve

Thanks for the input. In the meantime I'd also found Denso's article about ND oil 8 and ND oil 12, which lays out the compatibility matrix if you will. ND 12 can support either refrigerant, but R1234 will cause ND oil 8 to polymerise and gum up.

Seems to me what I put in my original post was wrong and the "old" A132E6349S part is actually Denso part 447260-1019 and is filled with ND oil 8, so is restricted to R134a

It's unclear what Denso part number the "new" A132E6563H part is.