Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
DVLA Registration - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

DVLA Registration

Goblin Automotive

Hello I'm after some help and advice as some of you may know i have been in contact with many ex lotus employs and Esprit fans  

in my workshop currently i have one of the Essex esprit prototype cars that was LHD and went to the albert hall in 1980 for the Essex release.

Now my problem I'm having is that the car was never registered and just has a vin tag on it i have spoken to the DVLA and they want a certificate of conformity, this is obviously wrong due to the car being to old to have one. i have spoken to Andy at lotus and he has done me a letter saying they built the car in 1980 and then sold it on in 1982 to London sports car centre. 

My question is dose anyone know the best way to be able to get a v5c for the car from the DVLA and for them to give it a number plate from just its vin and what forms and evidence i need to obtain to get one 

if anyone would like to call me about it or if you have had the same problem before or currently dealing with the same problem my number is 07938186590 

Thanks Bradley          

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Wouldn't it be similar to the process if you had imported the car, so only had the VIN no?

Are you a member of club Lotus? If not join and talk to them (Alan I think) . They are considered the authority on classic lotus's by the DVLA. Don't know who you talked to at the DVLA but highly unlikely it was the correct person, but club lotus will know how and who to contact. They have resolved issues on individual cars loads of times with the DVLA. 

DO NOT sign or send off any forms to the DVLA unless you are 100%  sure it will result in the outcome you want. Once it's in print and in the system it is almost impossible to change. (Banks have a few europas that are in limbo and have been for years because of errors by owners with the DVLA)

Even when you know the correct route it will still take a long time. I had an incorrect vin on another car, where the facts were clear and agreed by all sides and it still took 2 years to get it resolved, which it was in the end, but the car was un saleable for that period. 

• Like 1