Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
HyperOS Update? - Page 3 - Propulsion/Battery/Driving/Tech & App - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

HyperOS Update?

13 minutes ago, aquiss said:

Don't believe 1.3.0 has started to roll outside the UK yet. From the telephone call I had yesterday, they are tweaking the next batches to improve the experience (with locking car etc), but 1.4.0 is targeted to drop into the UK cars for circa April 1st.

It did quite some users in NL and FR got it, I've also got the email about being released soon... But nothing since... 1st of april you say??? :) good pick of a date....

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I think you have to wait to be invited.

I got the invite last week (while away). Just upgraded this morning, so I'll have to see what differences there are.

It's a 15GB download, which has to be done on wifi (or tethered phone). Which is a bit daft as the car has inbuilt 5G. 

3 hours ago, jimbobjoe said:

It's a 15GB download, which has to be done on wifi (or tethered phone). Which is a bit daft as the car has inbuilt 5G. 

If I was cynical, I would suspect that the reason for this is that number of OTA updates that Lotus expect to need to do over the course of the first year would far exceed whatever data limits they agreed with the 5G service providers! 🙂

Edited by kabre

Just had a play with the car.

It's not a lot of visible upgrades, but what is there is really good.

The seat and steering wheel now move when you open the drivers door. For me that is great as I have the wheel quite low and I would bang my knees on it getting in and out. 

The cruise control now adjusts automatically to the posted speed limit. As you move from a 30 to a 40 it speeds up, and when you drop back to a 30 it slows down. The lane keep assist now also seems more accurate, so it feels like a great leap forward in the autonomous driving capability

THE BIG ONE. speed limit alerts no longer bong away all down the road. I don't have to turn it off any more. It seems now to only pulse the speed limit symbol, and hasn't made a noise yet, despite being in the default "visual and sound" alter mode.

The built in amazon app now works much faster as well. So probably a lot of behind-the-scenes improvements in there as well.

It's starting to feel like the car it should be.

(hopefully carplay is not too far away)

A couple more observations on 1.3.

The level of regen resets each time. Not a big deal, as you have the paddles, but it used to stay where you left it.

The auto-adjusting speed on the cruise control needs to be activated in the menu each journey. I get that it is probably a safety thing, but it would be nice if it was another option on the steering wheel controls rather than faffing deep in the touchscreen menus.  

And for those of us that didn't opt for the 'premium' ambient lighting, there is still just darkness. They really need to step-up and admit they got that very wrong. 

On 05/02/2024 at 12:42, jimbobjoe said:

I think you have to wait to be invited.

I got the invite last week (while away). Just upgraded this morning, so I'll have to see what differences there are.

If you look at the airtime package it’s Vodafone 8GB so would fail halfway through a 15GB download.

Helpful.

Oh I agree fully - usually.

My car lives a ten minute walk from my house in London (which you can’t get WiFi while parked outside) in an underground car park with no mobile signal…….  

It’s a personal problem as opposed to widespread haha.  I will just have to tether and sit in a random parking space for an hour.

I hadn't factored in this type of situation...interesting.

My advice, try and do the download in non China hours, as highly likely they are based offshore, so just reduces chances that backend servers are being hammered by Asian market where a lot of the cars are sitting currently.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 05/03/2024 at 18:21, Bibs said:

I'll ask in the morning :thumbup:

Was there any response about this, getting very close to missing Q1?

And are there release notes or any other information as to what is included - especially regarding Android Auto / Apple Car play?

On 19/03/2024 at 11:54, Bibs said:

:thumbup:

Positive hopefully.  Mine is in for the day next Thursday for a plethora of stuff which doesn’t work/tries to

kill me 

My Eletre is at the dealer ready for handover tomorrow (Fri 22nd).

The Lotus app is telling me it is on OS 1.4.0w.

Is that likely?

Edited by RichEV

Yes it is running OS 1.4.0w,

No I can't find Android Auto (although the dealer said it should appear as an app at some point).

No the HUD km bug is not fixed.

10 hours ago, RichEV said:

No I can't find Android Auto (although the dealer said it should appear as an app at some point).

It's coming, along with CarPlay. You can get to them both via a secret Engineering menu (but I am not going to post how, as it can damage your car).

• Like 1

1.4.0w sounds positive as mine is in Thursday so hopefully auto brake is fixed too.

Is Car Play in it yet….?

Or Apple key?

Hope pickup went well and enjoying car? 

3 minutes ago, aquiss said:

Nope, it's not in for those who have 1.4.0W already.

That makes me even more grumpy 🙂

Frankly I would risk breaking the car currently to get it - the software couldn’t be worse frankly with Auto Brake death option.

Not impressed as you can probably tell - am very tolerant unless software goes backwards haha. 

To be honest the software side of the car is starting to make me fall out of love. Bugs, GUI issues, missing features (as as getting a text message is not displayed in car), I'm finding myself having a good tut tut tut.