Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Alpine INE W710D DAB aerial? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Alpine INE W710D DAB aerial?

Go to solution Solved by Bibs,

My Evora GT410 has the Alpine INE W710D head unit fitted and the DAB radio will not work . Spoke to a dealer and apparently Lotus did not fit a DAB aerial as standard and my local Lotus dealer has quoted just under £500 to fit one . Has anyone retro fitted the aerial themselves and what is involved , best aerial to use etc etc Thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Solution

https://www.google.com/search?q=evora+dab+aerial+site:forums.thelotusforums.com#ip=1

Quite a few topics about DAB aerials. £500 sounds a bit strong - I seem to remember a DAB splitter to the aerial already stuck up behind the A-pillar works ok. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Ordered one of those DAB aerial splitter things a guy tried £10 gotta be worth a punt it works for him on one of the forums. How does the head unit come out? Just so I don't destroy it ha ha 

Hi.  Mines a 400 but I think they are the same.
The surround to the head unit unclips.  There are no screws but the clips are pretty strong.  There are 4 clips - 2 on the top and two on the bottom.

Run your fingers along the bottom rear edge of the surround and you’ll get a feel for how to pull it towards you.  You need to pull hard and you will go ouch (tops of fingers) when it releases but nothing too bad.  Then gently encourage the top clips to release.

Then it’s 4 cross head screws and that should be it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It works yehhhhhhhh , finally got around to fitting the aerial splitter the best £10 I've ever spent . Now do I tell the dealer about this fix ha ha . Im there next week for a service and they wanted £500

• Like 1