Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Brake warning light question - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Brake warning light question

Hi all

Had a drive in the 410 recently and the brake warning light came on.  Was a b road cruise rather than a full on heated drive.

I pulled over and did the obvious handbrake check and thankfully that wasn't it! 

Subsequently checked the rotors and pads when i got home and everything looks fine. 

Have driven the car again recently and the light came on again after about 5 minutes of driving.  

Just wondering if there are any known issues with the brake warning system in these cars and, if so,  any fixes to the potential problem. 

Cheers!

Dave

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Have you checked the level of brake fluid?

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Just checked the brake fluid again. Fluid levels fine. Interestingly when I checked the brake fluid sensor cables and connection points, there was a little bit of brake fluid on each of the connection points when I unplugged them. Thought that was a bit bizarre!  Wondered if maybe some had been spilled at the last service (only a few months back) and that's perhaps causing the issue. 

Edited by DaveW72

• 2 weeks later...

Took the car into Lotus today and at first they thought it was the handbrake sensor.  Apparently not!  They're struggling to diagnose the issue. Stay tuned!  

I believe there was a bug which caused the brake light to randomly come on. 

Im sure it was mentioned in one of the firmware update details that it had been rectified. (I’m abroad at the moment so can’t check on my PC)

I think if you install the latest firmware you’ll fix your problem. 

Edit: Look at the December 11th 2023 details

https://www.aim-sportline.com/download/firmware/rel_histories/MX2E_release_history.pdf

Ah, that’s annoying. Are they sure the firmware updated correctly?

There can’t be too many things that would cause your issue, so hopefully they can get to the bottom of it 

• Like 1

I did the update myself.  Everything appeared to update OK.  Watched a few instructional videos beforehand.  Will stay in touch!  

• 2 weeks later...

So car has been looked at by lotus Melbourne.  Definitely the dash.  They checked all wiring and it's all fine. Took the AIM dash out and put in the analogue OEM dash and the brake warning light went out!  They're speaking to AIM next.  Frustrating but at least the car is fine to drive!

• Like 1