Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
A pillar leak I think - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

A pillar leak I think

I have noticed there’s a water marks in my drivers side inside and assume the trace leak is due to A pillar gap see photo 

how to fix this do you put some stuff into gap which is long ? My car booked into lotus this week as I have engine management light and I tried to erase it but it’s still put car in limp mode 

any help would be  appreciated  

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

The A pillar trim you can see, is just that, a trim piece.  The windsceen is bonded in all the way around, so any possible leak might be an issue with the screen.

Dave

It's more likely to be the weatherproof strip that runs inside the door on the body. Also, if window not properly aligned water can get it and run down the inside of the door.

It's most definitely not likely to be the A trim piece as that is stuck on with screws and a horrible sticky back foam thingy stuffy whatever. Could be wrong though. Do the old water test with a large bottle of water, pouring it over the A pillar, and the window where it meets the A pillar, then open the door and see where the water went.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

How to make this unsightly trim look a little more respectable ? 
I can see that my windows might let in rain or water from washing the car ? 

not sure how the windscreen is leaking ? How is this checked ?

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Cdm2018 said:

How to make this unsightly trim look a little more respectable ? 
I can see that my windows might let in rain or water from washing the car ? 

not sure how the windscreen is leaking ? How is this checked ?

Remove the A pillar trim and refit it with new tape down the screen.  Whilst the trim is off, run some water around the place and see if it looks like it is getting in.

Where does it look like it is getting wet?  I assumed you mean the A pillar on the inside, but if it is lower down, then door or window sealing is probably more likely.

38 minutes ago, DH2 said:

Where does it look like it is getting wet?  I assumed you mean the A pillar on the inside, but if it is lower down, then door or window sealing is probably more likely

I think it’s window I don’t think my A pillar inside is an issue ? 

Check the door/door surround seals, especially upper where they meet the closed window.

Remember, the windscreen is bounded to the A pillar, UNDERNEATH, the exterior A pillar plastic shitty cover thing.

• Thanks 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!