Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Transmission and Engine Mounts/Inserts - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Transmission and Engine Mounts/Inserts

Hi all,

I'm undergoing a fairly major transmission upgrade. In the meantime, I see Powerflex has developed a brand new Emira transmission mount inserts for the V6s. Out of curiousity I sent them emails to see if they can be used on our Exiges; however the answers came out to a maybe (or no most likely). From their kindly replies:

"The OE parts don't cross reference, so I couldn't be sure to be honest with you.  Kind Regards"

I had an Elise, with the 2zz motor, the Powerflex inserts helped tremendously with the terrible shifting issues due to the motor rocking and the cables unable to align themselves properly. I find my aging V6s Exige is begining to have the same issues with the rubber mounts. With all the information I found online were limited to our forum member -- Imran's upgrade of a Innovative mounts posted years ago. I'd like to know anyone had changed or upgraded the transmission and engine mounts. I wonder how anyone raced the Exiges with the oem rubber mounts, especially the earlier models like mine. The Cup Exiges do however have upgraded mounts, but they have different gearboxes which our manual boxes can't be utilitzed. Hope anyone can give further insights, much much appreciated. 

Cheers,

Frank

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Sorry can t really help you but currently my 2016 350 Sport with 32.000km is at the workshop for a gearbox inspection and they told me one of the rear gearbox mount is ripped but we didn t talk about changing it with something other than OEM one, even is car is used on track

Good news, Jubu is making a set of forged insulator kit for Exige, and should be available soon. Hopefully it could be a road & track solution. 👍

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

There is the Innovative mounts kit for the older exige v6 models and you should be able to use 2 of them ( at least it was like that on the 380 CUP )

I fitted the 2 available on the 380 CUP and they were slightly better than oem but I would say that even the standard ones are ok on the latest cars