Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Where does this foam insert go ! - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Where does this foam insert go !

Go to solution Solved by agentdr8,

• Gold FFM

Having spent the past few months stripping down the whole rear end, and the cabin, including engine removal for various jobs and up-grades, I am now re-assembling.  (EVORA LE 2010)

You know what happens sometimes when stripping out - you tell yourself "I will remember where this goes" only to feel utterly foolish at re-assembly by thinking "where the hell did this bit come from" 

So, help please - LOL anybody recognise where this bit of foam insert is from ? ☹️

image.png.9de754366059e2db5b7004353332d1ef.png

ian

(The one and only....'Deep Purple' Esprit GT3)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Thanks @agentdr8 , you are correct that it is the same type of foam,  and I thought it was from the rear wheel arches too, but I cannot orientate it to see where it fits !  Its a very particular shape.

I am probably just being thick !- I was never any good at those childhood shape puzzles !

I will keep trying.

• Gold FFM

Thanks @agentdr8 - I knew someone would come good on this.

You are correct in that it does fit in the wheel arch enclosure.  I could not figure why I had one of these , rather than two which I'd have expected if it was in both wheel arches, but - as you've discovered, it is an asymmetric 'tech pack' fitment because it is designed to provide some protection/sound deadening for the sub-woofer.

By the way- like @Cdm2018 - I also took the opportunity of having the rear cabin trim removed of beefing-up the sound deadening around the sub itself.

Thanks again to all who took the trouble to respond.