Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Oxygen sensor heater control relay - ECU/OBDII - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Oxygen sensor heater control relay

Wysia
Go to solution Solved by Wysia,

Hello! I have problem with starting the 918 engine 😐

I bought an O2 sensor (BOSCH 0258005133) and replaced the RH Pre-cat sensor. I did everything with the battery disconnected.

When I restarted the ignition, I heard a bad sound from "Oxygen sensor heater control relay" (several ticks per second). I disconnected the new sensor and installed the old one (on which everything was OK before). The relay ticks several times a second and the car does not start.

Please watch this video.

I checked all the fuses in Fusebox "B". All are OK. I also replaced the gray relay. I also checked the harness in the engine section. No damage visible. The vehicle does not start at all (the starter turns).
It appears that the ECU is unable to complete the self-diagnosis process immediately after the ignition is turned on. The fuel pump does not start and the IAC valve does not make any noise. I had the ECU checked under a microscope. Everything is OK. There is no visible damage or cold solder joints. I cannot connect TECH-1 (it reports a failure and asks to check the connection).

Have you had this same problem before when replacing the o2 sensor?

Edited by Wysia

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic