Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
tidy elite for nec auction - Cars/Parts For Sale - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

tidy elite for nec auction

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Looks nice, maybe a bit pricey at that? Wish the wife had not encouraged me to sell my S2 about 6/7 years ago.

I don’t understand how people can think 16 grand is a bit pricey for a good example when they do turn up on the rare occasion when people are or were willing to pay around 100 grand for esprits from around that era. These cars had the same engines and were built alongside each other in the factory. In my personal opinion, the elite is a more satisfying car to drive also. 

19 minutes ago, phoenix said:

the elite is a more satisfying car to drive also. 

I agree, having had 2 elites and a number of eclat/excels, they are great usable cars, but are not popular, not having the esprit image etc, hence the low prices.

SWLC are doing a total rebuild of a gold elite s1, it must be costing an absolute fortune (almost like a new car..) , there being no way you could have all the work done and even get your money back. Like with M100's prices, are in the doldrums at the moment. I can't see anyone managing to get over £20k for these models in the foreseeable future

If elites/eclats etc were considered more desirable then chaps would want to get them back on the road, having seen a number of them as almost basket cases on ebay etc. recently. 

It's the trouble with years of superlow value - tends to lead to years of superlow maintenance.

1 hour ago, exeterjeep said:

Looks nice, maybe a bit pricey at that? Wish the wife had not encouraged me to sell my S2 about 6/7 years ago.

So although 16k might be at the top end of elite values,  it would cost more than that to get a 5k car into this condition.

• Like 1

A few people, myself included helped to raise the values of early esprits about ten years ago by putting time and money into them. Once these shiny restored cars hit the circuits, desirability went up as did values. The elites and éclats and perhaps some excels got a bad reputation as they went down the food chain and they ended up in the wrong hands. The early cars got a bad reputation and though many admire them, they also shy away. Their correct maintenance and proper use is critical. Decades on, they are not like modern BMW’s that can be thrashed around and left on the street all weathers without a thought for what’s going on under the bonnet or chassis. Given the right TLC they are brilliant sports cars. Unfortunately there are not enough cars to a high standard to help push the values up and as long as there is a plentiful supply of projects, people will keep seeing them as a lower value car. All said, I do feel that the tide is changing as there appears to be more interest and I see a few cars rising from the ashes. They will never hit the values of esprits, the +2’s never do, but I feel that in a couple of years we will look back at this beautiful example and think, that was cheap.

• Like 2

A total bargain. If I was in buying mode, it would already be with me as I remember when it popped up last year. Sadly, I can't give it the home it deserves at the moment. 

Justin 

• Like 1

Looks very nice to me... I could easily be tempted! - good job it isn't red to match my Eclat 2.2 or I'd be VERY tempted! 🙈