Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Idle Jet Holder different between carbs - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Idle Jet Holder different between carbs

Hello All. Hoping someone can shed some light as to why the idle jet holders on my rear Dellorto 45 carby are hollow yet the 2 in the front carby are blocked off about half way down the tube just above the top most holes in the side of the tube? They aren’t blocked with gunk but metal and appear to have been made that way. 
Car is a 1988 Turbo Esprit. Thanks Terry

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Contact dellorto uk, they'll be able to tell you.

Edited by jonwat

Cheers,

John W

terry, as no experts have replied, I'll say the little that I know.

Both carbs should have the same suffix letter and should be jetted the same. All the jet specs are in the workshop manual, the numbers are stamped on the jets and holders. The holder with an air calibration hole in it is for non emission carbs, the solid ones are for emission carbs. The non emission ones do not work properly in emission carbs and visa versa.

So there is something very odd about your carbs and are possibly not a matched set.

Hope that tells you where to start looking.

• Like 1

Thanks for the comment. The carbs look identical and have consecutive numbered Id tags which indicate they are paired - not to say Id tags have been swapped at some stage. Both carbys are stamped as being 45m models. Do you know of any way to tell if one is an emissions carb or not? Dellorto uk support confirmed holders should be the same but want a few photos to help diagnose the issue. Cheers Terry