Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elise S3 (2013) driver's door won't unlock (but passenger door works). - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Elise S3 (2013) driver's door won't unlock (but passenger door works).

Hello,

The other day I discovered (after not much use) that my battery was almost flat (doors unlocked OK, but not enough juice to start the engine), so I popped it on charge for a few days. Battery charged, car can start, but instrument cluster displayed nothing apart from the yellow cog+! symbol, so I disconnected the battery for ~1 minute, reconnected, and everything seemed fine (this was about 3 days ago). Today, I went to unlock the car - pressed the key fob, the indicator lights flashed once as per usual, but nothing unlocked. I pressed unlock again, and (as is usual on the second press) the passenger door unlocked. No matter how many times I locked/unlocked the car, the driver's door would not unlock - my passenger got in and pulled up the silver locky-knob-thing to unlock the driver's door manually - which is obviously not ideal if I don't happen to have a convenient passenger with me!

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I'm hoping it's something simpler than a dead central locking actuator. Any advice or ideas would be most welcome, thanks!

It's an English (RHD) Elise S (Series 3) 2013.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Hello Paul. ;)

First thing I would try would be to disconnect the battery for a short period, say 20 mins or so, as this can sometimes cause modules to "reset".  Make sure you leave a window open just in case the locking system goes even crazier!

After that, it sounds like a CDL module fault.  Not uncommon unfortunately.  It's not too bad to replace, the module is buried in the dash behind the right hand switch panel (the one with the start button, headlamp switches), so it's a bit fiddly, but can be done without too much disassembly.

You're not so far away from us (Hangar 111) if you need help.

Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @DH2; I disconnected the battery for a few hours, but when I reconnected it, the situation was exactly the same. The driver's door will lock, but not unlock. Maybe I'll take off some panels and have a rummage around this weekend.