Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
50th Anniversary of ‘The Wedge’ - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

50th Anniversary of ‘The Wedge’

Hi All, is there going to be an event to celebrate 50 years of the Elite?  I attended the NEC back in March and I believe there was talk of getting as many Wedges together as possible to celebrate this milestone occasion?  Sorry if I’m slow on the uptake or missed anything, both myself and our Elite are 50 very soon and I’m looking for the perfect excuse for a party!

• Like 2

It is hoped that there will be quite a few Elites at Castle Combe on 25th May, and Alan Morgan of Club Lotus has apparently said we can have a parade lap to ourselves at lunchtime.  And there is talk of a similar gathering at the Silverstone Festival over the August Bank Holiday weekend.

• Like 2

There will be a few wedgites attending Silverstone. We have a caravan and 4 booked already. It'd be fun to all camp together so drop me a line if more want to attend.

The need to pull the caravan means it'll be commodore power performing duties for me, but there should be at least 1 wedge in our parking spot.

Thanks for the info!  If I’m brave I’m hoping to attend the Castle Combe event, the weather looks a little ‘touch and go’ but it’s the 50th - it’s not going to happen again anytime soon is it 😂.  It will also be a circa 300mile round trip for the 50 year old girl…what could go wrong!?!  Any idea of how many Elites looking to attend?👍

On 06/05/2024 at 20:45, Leigh Greenham said:

Alan Morgan of Club Lotus

Is there any way of contacting anybody in Cub Lotus? I joined recently, and for a few reasons I need to talk to someone  there, but the website has no way to actually communicate. This isn't completely off topic, I am going to Silverstone with Duncan, as a new Club Lotus member, but have had zero response so far from them.

They have 2 phone numbers mentioned Club HQ on 01362 691144 or 694459 

and a contact us / web email, https://www.clublotus.co.uk/contact/   have no idea how well they respond though.

• Like 1

As I recall the phones are not manned every day of the working week. They do pick up quickly if it is one of the (2 or 3?) days that the office is open.

• Like 1

You could try annemarie@clublotus.co.uk 

• Like 1

Thank you all for your responses. I will try all of the above as required.  I cannot see anywhere on their site with info, so much appreciated. cheers.