Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
MAF sensor - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

MAF sensor

Go to solution Solved by Ahmad B,

• Gold FFM

Okay, so I know there is a lot of this same topic...

I have a 16' Evora 400 and I am having issues with my MAF sensor readings which cause the car to shut off many times in park mode or while driving...

I did all the steps on the forum to fix this issue like replacing it with a new sensor, cleaning the sensor and connector pins, disconnecting the battery...etc 

Still having the same issue which is the engine load idles around 30-40% which is too much.

The other day I tried to wiggle the wires of the harness and I noticed the engine load fluctuate instantly.

My question is: Do I have to replace the whole engine harness (as the dealership advised to) or is there a way to just fix the connector itself?

Instagram Page: @lotus_q8_group 

• Gold FFM

I had the zip tie before for like 6 months with no issues at all until recently it is acting up a lot and shutting off many times... 

Maybe I will try re-tie again even though it wont fix the problem 100% lol

2 hours ago, Mellow Yellow said:

I also have 400, 2015.  Had similar issues, MAF sensor triggering Check Engine Light.  After failed attempts to fix elsewhere, ended up at main dealer, apparently it's common for them to get loose, the movement then causes inconsistent reading which triggers CEL.  Solution was a cable tie to prevent connector moving, been three months and had no further issues since.  

• Gold FFM
  • Solution

Ok here is an update:

mafpic11.jpeg.1f185dad11f002c22a4fc710b7fdccf3.jpeg

I noticed that if I move those cables upward the sensor will go crazy, and then the car shuts off always.

So I have added an extra cable tie to hold them downward but not too tight only to hold them in place.

Now the car drives like new! hopefully, it stays like this until I find a permanent fix for the connector itself.

• Like 2