Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2010 NA Rear diffuser - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2010 NA Rear diffuser

• Gold FFM

Hi All,

Does anyone know if you can get the attachment bracketry in stainless for the diffuser , as it basically rots away in front of your eyes.

Deroure : P/n   A132U4337F (L/H and R/H)   &   A132U4519F L/H & R/H)

Chapter 10:25 . Items 12./12a      &     8/8B

Many thanks 

Simplest things first.

Having spent the evening and given up trying to remove the diffuser because I couldn’t remove the bolts that attach to those brackets, I’d be interested too.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

There must be someone who can bend a bit of tin surely , or maybe 3 D print  ?  (ETA. I know absolutely jack about 3D printing)  

almost tempted to nip to B&Q for a a stainless bracket and see what i can do myself.

On 22/07/2024 at 21:59, Big Grin said:

Having spent the evening and given up trying to remove the diffuser because I couldn’t remove the bolts that attach to those brackets, I’d be interested too.

I feel your pain , and its always the 10 mm with a nut as original fixing has disappeared and been replaced .a truly crap bit of thinking ,just add lightness literally does it itself lol 

Simplest things first.

I recently got 10 made by a local stainless fabricator

i brought an old one along to them and they copied it

They cut and drilled a flat plate and welded a stud onto it

I got the extra ones for where the rear bumper attaches to the boot

the originals were held in place on mine with hot glue so a Drexel made small work of removing them and cleaning up the surface.  I refitted them with hot glue too which was simple enough to do

They also made up the rear bumper brackets and the little side pieces that hold the diffuser and finisher together for me in stainless

The base is 15mm x 40mm and is 1.2mm thick IMG_2922.jpeg.cf481e330369f11ffac4779ff9206797.jpegIMG_2923.jpeg.e4cbdffc632c3bf2aec504ea697c1bdb.jpegIMG_2924.jpeg.910cacdf2d0505b86db56877d5552aa7.jpeg

The stud is an M6 and is 15mm long 

The fabricators have some kind of a stud welder for putting them on that gives minimal distortion 

I did run an M6 die along the threads before fitting them as the threads were ever so slightly damaged in the welding process but I don’t think it would have made a difference even if I hadn’t done that

The old brackets had 3 x 4mm holes at each side of the stud whereas the ones they made have only 1 x 5mm hole each side. It didn’t seem to make any difference whatsoever when I fitted them, they’re rock solid, but I would have preferred if they’d just drilled them with the 3 holes each side and if I was getting more made I would ask them to do it that way 

Fitting was a doddle. I put a large dollop of hot glue on the holes and then quickly popped it into place taking care not to get any of the hot glue on my fingers. They were set in place within 30 seconds and didn’t budge when I was reassembling the diffuser and the finisher

Hopefully this bit of info is enough but if you need any more just ask 

Looking at the part numbers supplied by Nick and then checking on DeRoure the brackets are very different.

A couple of years ago my brackets had also disintegrated. They were replaced with standard Lotus mild steel parts. I did think about making some longer lasting parts but figured that if they last another 11 years  on my 2010 Evora that would be good enough for the time being.

• Like 1

I have ordered new brackets from B&C, once I have them I plan to take them to a local fabricator to see how much to get them manufactured in stainless steel.  I’ll post details when I have them in case anyone else is interested.

• Like 1

Update.

I have found a local fabricator to make me up a set in SS, once I get them and have checked them I’ll post some pictures. If anyone else is interested I can put an order in for more, please let me know.

The Lotus ones were £78.29 plus delivery and I know he can already better that in SS

• 4 weeks later...

By way of an update, I now have brackets in SS.  They look spot on but I want to confirm that they all fit properly before offering them to anyone else.

IMG_5160.jpeg

IMG_5159.jpeg

Edited by Big Grin
Missed off

• 2 weeks later...

So I got around to grinding the bolts off the rusty old diffuser brackets, 30k miles had taken their toll.  The new brackets fitted perfectly and should now out last the car in SS.  If anyone is interested I have some brackets available at £50 plus p&p per set.

IMG_5184.jpeg

IMG_5185.jpeg

IMG_5189.jpeg

IMG_5190.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Brilliant, love it when members provide upgrades like this, and the SS mudguard brckets etc.

Great job.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!