Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Vibration on steering wheel - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Vibration on steering wheel

Just picked up my car from lotus garage who arranged for my alloy refurb

after prolonged wait another long story , I drove home 

However as I was driving at 60-70 down dual carriageway I got awful vibration on wheel, so much it was requiring me to grip it harder to stop it ! I have never had this , my steering wheel grip is normally very light touch it’s a joy but now I am having to grip hard to make my hands ache.

the tyres are pumped up to correct levels , is there something wrong ?

Yup. Well, before they put them on the car but after they refitted the tyres. It would be very weird if they didn't do it, just sounds like they've not done it very well. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Can I take my car to ATS or Kwik Fit places to get my wheel rebalanced or do I need to go back to my lotus place? 
if the high street places do undertake it is there a guideline they need to adopt or follow for Evora S1 ? 

:blink:

Aren't you a Fleet Manager Clive?

Anyone can do it, it's not rocket science mate and just the same process and the rest of the tyres you've seen/had refitted.  

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

35 minutes ago, Cdm2018 said:

f the high street places do undertake it is there a guideline they need to adopt or follow for Evora S1 ? 

The only thing I would probably point out to them about the jacking points.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bibs said:

:blink:

Aren't you a Fleet Manager Clive?

Anyone can do it, it's not rocket science mate and just the same process and the rest of the tyres you've seen/had refitted.  

I am a rail safety consultant did look after a fleet but mainly managed the staff ! lol 

• Haha 1