Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Eclat S1 exhaust fitment? - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Eclat S1 exhaust fitment?

Go to solution Solved by ThatsMrBowlheadtoyou,

3rd Question: see attached.  Have I fitted the rear pipes properly? They are a very close fit to the chassis and diff front mounts (at the yellow arrows) and trailing arms (at red arrows). sliding them forward or back makes one or the other location too tight. There's just mm's play at each point which seems all wrong for any exhaust. It's worse with the car on the ground too. Also like this, the silencers fit too high and too far forward, nowhere near the rear hooks and rubbers and knocking the front hooks. Have I got them upside down/back to front or something? They didn't seem to fit any other way! 

They do go up and over the drive shafts, you just can't see them. Ignore the clamps -not tightened.

IMG_0836 copy.jpg

Edited by ThatsMrBowlheadtoyou
typo

I've not put an an exhaust on my car yet but I've got some old rear pipes in the shed - I'll dig them out over the weekend and see how they fit in relation to the areas where yours are virtually touching other parts.

Pete

Hi Alec

I think your exhaust doesn't belong on your car.  I've taken a couple of photos with the nearside pipe balanced in place.  This came off my car some years ago:

image.jpeg.f9c0c9c2370b6a301935a7fc78cbcad3.jpeg

RIMG1164.JPG.f3a99fc740d84833431bb483f178d76c.JPG

You can see that there is at least an inch of clearance between the exhaust and the rear trailing arm and the diff cradle.  There is also an inch of clearance between the pipe and the bodywork in front of the drive shaft.

Hope this helps 

Pete

Just had a thought - can you fit your pipes on opposite sides - swap them over?  I can see a small kink in your pipes that might mean they are on the wrong sides.  Hard to tell from the photo.

Pete

Thanks Pete,

Looking at your photos, perhaps I have got them on the wrong side and/or back to front! I didn't think they can fit any other way but perhaps I didn't try hard enough.  I'm on holiday so it'll be a few days before I can have another go but will post again.

Your car's beautiful underneath! 😍😍

• 2 weeks later...