Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Revs cutting around 3k but no CEL or codes, ideas on where to look? - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Revs cutting around 3k but no CEL or codes, ideas on where to look?

As above. My 2010 Evora is on 46k miles and on the last couple of runs out, on start up, the spanner light has stayed on for longer than normal but then goes out after 30-60 secs. Driving the car from cold I never rev it high until it’s warmed fully, so it’s not that. Engine still sounds as sweet as normal with no rough running or misfire, it’s still running on all 6 cylinders but just cuts at variable points around the 3k mark. No warning lights at all. My Autel code reader didn’t detect any codes. On the return trip yesterday when the car was fully warm, it didn’t happen and I was revving it to around 5k, but didn’t want to chance it further!
car was serviced about 500 miles / 2 months ago by Williams- and I’ll be speaking to them later to see if they can point me in the right direction.

Just hoping someone here knows what this could be, and what the cure is.

• Gold FFM

Spanner light indicates electrical fault that doesn't affect engine running or emissions, and will either go out straight away after starting engine (normal operation), or stay on for 30s to indicate a fault is stored.

You need to read the code, but this may not be possible on generic OBD.

Dave

Thanks Dave, I took the car out twice today and revs were fine, no cutting out at all. Spanner light is still staying on for 30secs, so I’ll nip over to Williams for them to plug it in and see what codes pop up 👍