Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Factory Visit - Morgan Cars - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Factory Visit - Morgan Cars

Sat in the cafe, having a nice hipster Cortado, awaiting my factory visit to start at ten.

It's an absolutely stunning day today in the Malverns. A full blue sky, the sun is out, the air is fresh and crisp, and the frozen leaves cracking and snapping under foot. What a day ant looking forward to my tour.

Lovely tribute to Campbells bluebird too.

PXL_20241011_081934254.jpg

PXL_20241011_081928914.jpg

PXL_20241011_081152896.jpg

PXL_20241011_081134978.jpg

Almost matching coffee and car

PXL_20241011_082849573.jpg

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Have fun. I had a look around in 1997 with my friend, who has owned Morgans continually since the 1960s. It was more like a workshop than a factory back then. I’ve still got the brochure and price list I picked up that day. The cheapest model was the 4/4 1800 2 seater at £19,998.50 and the most expensive was the Plus 8 4.6 litre at £32,488.75. A Plus 8 3.9 litre like my friend’s was £29,962.50. All of these prices included VAT.

It's fun but to me highlighted how advanced Lotus were with Elise platform production, when I visited in 2018. 

Morgan a different beast and I applaud them but Lotus is (was) so much more sophisticated and technologically significant, groundbreaking at times. 

Viva Lotus!

Justin

PS. You'll have a wonderful day 

• Gold FFM

Well I’m glad you popped in for a brew after your tour @C8RKH as I have a voucher for a tour and afternoon tea on the fridge that I forgot about. All booked for today 🎉

• Like 1

Only here once

It was great to get the opportunity Barry and thanks for the coffee and hospitality. Your views are astounding across the Malverns. Enjoy your Morgan factory visit. I did.

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Well what a brilliant afternoon that was. 
A wonderful tour seeing some proper craftsmanship. Followed by this…IMG_5227.jpeg.fcdc3a681162c3a1902bec7c3321b607.jpeg

glad I bid on those tickets at a Conservative local event - met Kemi there and if she’s elected I will never vote Tory again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only here once

Bloody hell Barry. That's quite a snack!

Don't know if you've done the Lotus Factory Tour but I found the Morgan one a much better experience to be honest.

The small print.

• Gold FFM

It was fantastic the entire experience. Nothing was too much trouble and every single question answered. 

I’ve never done the lotus one - other than the last open day bash

Only here once