Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ignition Coil Upgrade - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Ignition Coil Upgrade

Drfatz

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graham,

MSD has drop in Units, Accel, as well as Crane. Check out www.jegs.com or www.summitracing.com. The units are about $45 each and you need 2. The biggest benefit is the aftermarket units require less primary voltage to charge and fire with more joules of energy vs the stockers. I may fit some at some point and dyno to see if there is any improvement. The GM units are quite good and usually don't have problems, are you having more issues?

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

Graham,

MSD has drop in Units, Accel, as well as Crane.

Stay away from the Accel units, they are cheaply made crap. I can't speak for the others, but the GM parts are of very high quality.

Visit Sanj's Lotus Esprit Turbo SE pages

I've never used Accel stuff, so thanks for the tip Sanj. I have used MSD and Crane ignition amps and coils and have never had issues. The GM stuff IS very high quality surprisingly.

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

Graham,

MSD has drop in Units, Accel, as well as Crane. Check out www.jegs.com or www.summitracing.com. The units are about $45 each and you need 2. The biggest benefit is the aftermarket units require less primary voltage to charge and fire with more joules of energy vs the stockers. I may fit some at some point and dyno to see if there is any improvement. The GM units are quite good and usually don't have problems, are you having more issues?

Artie

I just got my baby back from paint! :thumbsup: She looks fantastic. I have tons of pics and will have to post some up later. I think I may just drop in a set of MSD coils for good measure. Then all of the sensors/electronics will be brand new. :thumbup: