Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Stoneleigh 2007 - Page 9 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Stoneleigh 2007

Kimbers

Great day :D and i didn't have to drive either :wub:

I was really strange not having a car to drive, hope it does not happen again :D

Glad you got back safely Yasuo :D

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few piccies...

The shed.

DSCF2633.jpg

DSCF2634.jpg

DSCF2637.jpg

DSCF2638.jpg

DSCF2639.jpg

My bodyguards...

DSCF2640.jpg

Love the colour!

DSCF2643.jpg

Stealth S2...interesting....

DSCF2644.jpg

My wingman on the return trip...

DSCF2659.jpg

Edited by peteyg

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Hi Folks

It was nice to see you all again in U.K !

I just safe back home without any trouble my Elan :D !

It was nice weekend with all LEF !

It was really nice Curry sat. night too !! :D

Thanks Paul.C & Vicki !

I will add some picture tomorrow !

Y.Hotta

Glad you and Elan got home safe mate :wub:

You attend our events more than some owners in this country do now!

Nice to see you in a Lotus, and i was more than happy to make the Elan

an 'Honoury Esprit' for the day and to get it parked with us.

Did you need the towel?

Thanks Paul C.

Well, the way home was almost dry (just 1 hour short after out from ferry!)

but inside was dry enough to drive !

I just drove Elan with my daughter and she also tried :D and she said she loved it :D !

quit happy to drive and now we have 2 in family loved Lotus ! :wub:

I hope she will finshing the school soon, so she can afford to service/tax can

afford have the Elan

Yasuo

My turn to say thanks to all for a brill weekend. Paul - great choice for the curry house, Simon, think you're a better belly dancer than a magician! Felt weird to be without the Esprit, but the social was superb. Bibs, hope you forgive my creative thinking to swerve on the bet! You're the man for taking that drink on!

Firstly for those at the curry house, 2 short video clips, including one of the magician and Simon confusing the f**k out of each other!

Then on to Stoneleigh itself. My photos are here.....

Stoneleigh

Personal favourites including proof that not only does Kimbers own an Esprit........ he actually drives it too!

The V8 BEAST!

IMG_1573.jpg

Paul Godfrey just after his 100,000 mile moment!

IMG_1578.jpg

Queuing to get to the main roundabout off the Porridge Pot

IMG_1586.jpg

Kimbers in motion (no not that kind of motion)

IMG_1599.jpg

IMG_1602.jpg

Type 72 (was it a 72D anyone?)

IMG_1631.jpg

THAT Essex!

IMG_1654.jpg

IMG_1666.jpg

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Seeing those pics make me realise what I missed out on. It was not entirely my Elan's fault because I had not planned to stay at the Porridge Pot anyway. Maybe I should put that right next time.

Hooning with Martynv, Tentenths & Kimbers was great fun for the short time it lasted, and is something I would like to repeat if you (& the exploding Elan :D ) will allow it.

I do not have a pet name for my Elan. Maybe I should call it Explosion? :D

Edited by rip

Iain, you're always more than welcome to join us :D

Next time you and the Exploding Elan are over at your parents for the weekend let me know and, with a bit of notice, maybe we can organise a mini hoon with some of the other local LEF/LEC members?

Sorry I missed you all but on the way up in the family car (Rover) it suddenly lost power and started to billow smoke. We pulled straight over and I had a quick look and realised we had blown the head gasket. Anyway after cursing every god that men have named we got ferried back home by a very pleasent AA man.

I have an absolutely stinking cold (read Man Flu) and the last thing I needed was to spend the rest of the afternoon stripping down the engine. Well as it turns out we did blow the head gasket put also found that piston number 4 has a cracked crown. Have not checked the head condition yet but the way my luck is going a the moment I am assuming the worst for that aswell.

This is going to cause me serious hassle over the next week or two. So instead of cleaning up the workshop I am going to be rebuilding the engine and head on the Rover.

I am not having much luck of late. I think the gods hate me for being to good looking.

And I made 30 crisp bars for you guys to try out, was up till gone midnight the night before, and you couldnt try them. I was gutted! :crybaby:

More gutted about the car tho, im not used to this walking lark.

Caroline,

You were gutted......................not only did I have to do without my Stoneleigh Special (BBQ one end/Cheese and onion the other) but I had the trauma of explaining to the kids why dad had come empty handed! They think I scoffed it :)

Hopefully we'll all get to sample your delights soon...................if you know what I mean.

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007